Chapter 85

Turning around, Mila saw Duke Reynard, who cleared his throat, looking down at her with a gaze that had questions regarding Mila's choice to show up at the training ground. The knights took a step back, not wanting to get into trouble with their duke, who had the position to kill them without reason. They cared for Mila but couldn't go up against her father, who held no mercy for those who intervened in their matters.

"H-Hi, father." Mila gulped, hoping he wouldn't give her a hard time after seeing her in the training ground when she was supposed to be doing her lessons from Lady Angela.

"Mila, come with me." Duke Reynard said, looking down at his little daughter, who was shivering to specific outcomes. She had to follow her father, or else he would be more upset than he was right now.

"Yes, father." Mila followed Duke Reynard out of the training grounds with the knights all concerned for her, and both went down into the mansion halls. She had finally caught up to him, and both walked side by side.

"Mila, you've been ignoring your lessons for some time. Why do you keep ditching it like it's nothing to learn about?" Duke Reynard didn't understand what had happened with Mila for the past two to three years that would make her refuse to learn.

"I'm sorry, father. It's just... Well... All of these lessons don't seem to fit for me." Mila did not like reading books with just the Mireraweth Kingdom's education. 'I know that the education from the other kingdoms was likely refused by the Mireraweth Emperor, who does not wish to allow his citizens to learn about other kingdoms and their culture.' Mila sighed, feeling as though this emperor was useless no matter how one thought about it.

"What do you mean?" Duke Reynard did not know what she was referring to. He also had the same thought when he was much younger. 'It seems as though she also prefers to get the proper education from the other kingdoms rather than the one she lives in.' Mila entered into a pathway that was hardly ever used. Both stopped once Duke Reynard was concerned about what Mila meant about the type of education she sought.

"Father, I've traveled to two kingdoms for almost three years. I do not think that learning from books is of any help to me since I've seen a much bigger image before me. Learning from the mainland is far more extraordinary in my mind, which sets an even bigger image for me." Mila smiled, thinking about how she learned a few things from Aiken and Kayla about their kingdom when she stayed as a guest. They had even gone as far as to help her at the most crucial times in her life when she had almost lost it.

"Did you perhaps meet someone of nobility when you were traveling?" Duke Reynard could easily read Mila due to her facial expression of how she showed such love for traveling. 'Who did she meet? Was it a woman or man?' Questions popped up in Duke Reynard's head with thoughts of who his daughter could have met or been with on the entire adventure besides the other four people she was with.

"You can say something like that." Mila giggled, seeing her father tense a bit with his expression ticked off, which she did not want to get him upset or angered. "Haha! Don't worry, father. Those people were far nicer than you think. They also did not have any ill intentions towards me." Mila ensured her father knew she wasn't being treated terribly while traveling. Even though that was part of Duke Reynard's concern, his mind still wondered about another man who could have caught his beloved daughter's attention while separated from her.

"Mila, why didn't you have your scar healed when you were in Asiradda kingdom?" Duke Reynard then asked to prevent his daughter from knowing his other thoughts that lingered. Mila had sent him a letter once about reaching Asiradda's kingdom, which he assumed would heal her scar.

Mila took a glance around. First, she made sure that no one was around to hear them. "Father, do you know why I didn't want to remove this scar?" Mila laid her hand on the left side of her face. Holding a small smile, she looked to the ground where the stone pavement was the color gray like any other typical stone pavement.