Chapter 124

Duke Reynard was eating with his family when he didn't know why, but this time it was the same feeling. He was cutting his steak when he broke the plate in half, trying to make the steak pieces smaller. "Grandfather?! You broke the plate this time!!!" Ella's eyes were shocked by his sudden action.

Σ(°ロ°)

"O-Oh..." Duke Reynard didn't know why he was acting that way again. 'Am I just getting too old?' He felt as though it was the second time that it happened. 'This feeling, though.'

"Father, do you perhaps need to rest?" Leo looked at Duke Reynard, who seemed a bit bothered by something. 'Isn't this like the second time??? Is it???"' Leo felt as though this was not the second time for some reason.

"I'm fine." They ignored it like it was clumsiness, while Duke Reynard was still bothered by something for some unknown reason.

'Maybe I'm just working too much.' Duke Reynard decided to calm down and focus on his new set of food places.

***

Noah was on his way to his room when he noticed a few tails hidden around the corner of the hallway. "Hm????" He went over to see that the little fox was sleeping in the hallway, where it could get cold at certain times. "Why are you sleeping here?" Seeing how she continued to sleep, she did not wake up to his little nudges.

Huff

He went ahead, carrying her in his arms since she wasn't too big for him to carry. Allowing her to sleep in his room until she could go back to her master, who was still in the process of lovemaking with his lord. Laying Kate down, he had her sleep on the bed while he also tucked himself in after a bath. Seeing how beautiful her fur shined with the moon's light shining through his bedroom window. 'I truly do envy Mila now.'

***

Kate did not even know she had been moved to another place to sleep. She usually slept anywhere comfy, but this time, it was warm for some reason, which made her think of her mama. [Mama...] Lightly whining, she snuggled closer to Noah with her tails wrapping around him while sleeping. 'Why does it seem so much comfier?' Never feeling this type of comfort before, it continued to make her think that she was sleeping alongside Mila in their bed. Waking up the next morning, she opened her eyes to see a handsome sleeping face before her. 'What the?!?!?!' Hopping out of the bed, she did not know how she got into the priest's bed or his room. It confused her to the point of just running out of the bedroom while avoiding waking up Noah. 'Why was I in his bedroom?!?!?!' Shouting in her head, she had no clue if she was sleepwalking that entire night. Vivian and Skye would tell her that she would sometimes sleepwalk, but not too much. Now, she believed that yesterday was the day that she went sleepwalking. [I... need to apologize to him.] Feeling at fault, she had no idea that Noah was the one who willingly took her to his bedroom to sleep in for the night. Kate had gone to the garden of ZH's mansion, trying to see if she could find anything to signify being apologetic towards him. A priest had their vows, and she understood that much about them.

Looking around for anything, she saw a gardener who was tending to the flowers of the garden. "Hm, it seems as though these roses are starting to die out. Upsetting that no one cares about roses anymore. Each rose has a meaning behind its color." The gardener said, making Kate go up close to listen and know exactly how to show her apology.

***

Noah had woken up to see that the fox was no longer in his bedroom, making him wonder how she could just sneak off so slyly. When he got up, he looked to the table in his room where he laid eyes on a bouquet of pink roses. 'Who left these here???' He had no idea who left the pink roses in his bedroom. Not knowing if someone was trying to propose to him or something.