Chapter 145

"Luce, take care of the children along with helping the empress when she needs it." Leo looked to Luce who nodded and sniffled knowing that they were bound to save someone important and bring them back. Her heart was sad that they would have to part this way from one another after being married for about almost seven years now. But, for a husband to leave their wife and children behind made her think about how he would be. Every wife worried about how their husband would be after the journey or worried if he would take care of himself.

"Father, make sure to come hic back and bring everyone back! I will be hic sure to be good!" Ella cried with Leo kneeling to hold her one last time in his arms before he departed.

"Make sure to focus on your studies and help everyone and your mother. Okay?" Ella nodded in response and still sniffled not knowing when her father would return to their side. Hugging her grandfather as well, she was going to miss them since they had been together her entire life, but now that they were all getting separated. It pained her heart to see that they had to leave like this.

"Father, don't forget to take care of yourself. If you don't then you will worry mother and aunt for all eternity." Alec said to his father, making it sound completely cold and unmoving.

"Little brat." Aiken rubbed his son's head, seeing how it was hard to see that he used to be that way when he was younger. "Be sure to take care of your mother and aunt. Even your little sibling when the time comes. I am not sure if I will make it back in time, but give your mother some company while I am away." Aiken hoped that his son would be sure to be responsible.

"I got it." Alec was the same old kid, making Aiken wonder how he had such a mature child.

"Addis?" Aiken held onto her hands, looking down he was going to part from her at this point. Addis did not want him to go, but in such a dire state then things were not going to be easy on anyone. "Wait for me. I will be sure to come back soon. I love you." Aiken whispered the last three words into her ear once he hugged her. Addis told herself that she would not cry, but she cried hugging him back.

Everyone watched the men and husbands leave for Mireraweth kingdom where they were hoping to come across ZH or Mila once they reached there. Addis sighed knowing that she could not leave either way when she was the empress and a kingdom always needed one or two rulers; the reason there was an emperor and empress. "Mother, I will do my best to help you. Don't worry too much about father. He is a strong man." Alec said looking up to his mother who looked down seeing his mask that he wore all the time.

"I know he is. One day, you will also be as strong as him or even stronger." Addis held his hand as her other hand laid onto her belly, they all waited in their kingdom where they would wait for the family to once again be reunited.

***

"Grace, I've been curious about something." Mila was once again in her unconscious mind speaking to Grace who was standing up while looking at the sun-facing the meadow as if saying 'hello' to them both.

"Please do ask me anything. Your curious mind can help me out of my boredom at this point." Grace smiled sitting down next to Mila who had them sitting down in a meadow with the light around showing the beauty of nature.

"Why are you helping me?" Mila didn't understand why this woman was helping her, and she had finally had another question click at the same time. "Aren't you Leo's mother?"

Grace smiled standing up and walking around the meadow with Mila getting up to follow after her in case they never got her questions answered. "Mila, even though I may not be your real mother. I still treat you like you are my daughter." Mila could see that Grace had given her a very honest answer as if her final wish was never granted before she died. "After all, I've always wanted a daughter, but I never had the chance to have one. You are my daughter, no one can deny that. Your father and I are parents who cannot do much now that there are things that keep us apart. You have an older brother who dearly loves and protects you, so I hope that you can be able to take care of him, your father, and your growing family in the future. This is as much as I can tell you. I will tell you after you've had your child. It'll be much safer to tell you than now. Until then, stay healthy and recover. Your eyes will soon be fully healed as well." Grace hugged Mila, giving her a warm embrace from a mother that she never got to experience in her entire life.