76~ Coping Mechanism Regret Not.

ABDEEN PALACE, EGYPT.

"Hey, broth-" Farouk trailed off when he found out that his brother is not alone and that he has company with him who is none other than his younger sister.

He just came out from his mother's chamber and she is about to have her final bath, he couldn't stay there to see it so as soon as he saw his brother's message asking him to come to the backyard, he jumped at the chance to leave. He only told his father about the call from his older brother and left. He could not stomach the sympathetic glances and fake tears that could be seen right through. Some didn't even try concealing their joy about the matter. His mother don't have enemies but royalty made her get a lot of them, a whole lot more than she needs at the moment. Some think the royals did tamper with her health but they want her to rest in peace, they won't bring that up.

"Oh, hey! I just want to go and see how everything is going inside, can you take her back to her chamber? I'm afraid she won't know the way and she can't exactly go there alone." Aqeeb requested, his voice ever so strong and standing, something he always wants to learn. Maybe even the heavens knew that he won't ever be a Pharaoh and that is why he is timid and so alarmed.

Aqeeb on the other hand was really looking for a chance to talk to his beautiful sister whose eyes spell nothing but mischief. He could clearly remember what he's done her age those years ago. He was not innocent at all, nothing about innocence could describe the troubles he's caused and being the crowned prince, he always get away unscathed. They have it in their blood to cause trouble and leave the scene without as much as being reprimanded. There is nothing out there that could be a hindrance to them if they want something, he's seen that challenge and daring look in her eyes the moment she walked. It was like seeing the female younger version of him.

He's been hearing rumours about someone coming who looks exactly like the Great Royal Consort, he was restless to see someone who looks like his mother. He knew about his mother's twin sister but if she were the one, everyone would've known it was her and call her her twin but they were saying something about young. He was taking a bath when the maids arranging his room gossiped about it, he couldn't help eavesdropping on their conversation when he can demand what is going on and be told right away without him having to lean on his bathroom door all the while trying to be quite.

But who said eavesdropping is not fun?

"Have you seen her?" One of the maids had asked, her words really low but he caught the words just right. He is very sure she is using something to close her mouth, that is how they gossip around the palace as if the air don't have ears.

"Yes, she looks exactly like great royal consort, I swear. Even the way they speak, smile and do a lot of things is the same. When I first saw her as she came in, I thought it was great royal consort coming from hospital after surgery to remove both the disease and also have a younger face. It was uncanny, hmm.." The other one whispered back though her words are coming out louder as she talks. It's like she can't keep the words quite even though she tries well to do so.

"When we took food to them in the room, her husband couldn't stop staring at her while she was on phone and let me tell you, he is also drop dead handsome! He is a prince back in Nigeria as I heard and he came with his grandparents. He is also so rich, just perfect for one another. Their babies are definitely going to be cute." Another one gushed from somewhere faraway making him raise a brow. Are these maids checking out the men in the palace? He couldn't be more wrong...

"More handsome than prince Aqeeb?" Oh, they are talking about him too. That boost his ego a notch though, he likes being called handsome even after knowing he is handsome.