14~ Nigeria, Here We Come.

I dare you to comment on each paragraph, following each one that does...

N'DJAMENA, CHAD.

Urshia stared at her supposed best friend's son in-law with keen eyes trying to gauge out something from him or how she could strike a conversation from the safe side. She is known for reading people by their expressions and mind you, she is not a psychologist neither has she ever thought of pursuing something with her talent. Multitudes ask her to work for them maybe in the court or police station as a detective but she turned it down downright, without hesitation.

Her talent is given to her by Allah and she feels like working in those places will not give her much and will help tarnish her reputation which is the least she wants to happen. If you are unmarried and decide to do everything on your own feeling like the freedom should be enjoyed, people tend to point their fingers at you so she only has one friend who is now dead. The only person that helps her during her tough times, she is a gem just like her daughter.

Suhayr acts like she doesn't care what people think about her or that she doesn't care at all but she does sometimes when it is related to the only family she has left. She could easily leave the country if she doesn't care about them and let them tend to themselves but she didn't, she proposed something Urshia herself won't confess to doing. The girl proposed that without a tinge of regret in her voice or eyes, she was wholeheartedly wishing they would come with her.

She doesn't have much choices apart from following her best friend's daughter to the foreign country. And the fact that she promised her best friend to take care of her daughter even after her demise, she is willing to go to any extent for the girl like she is her daughter. Suhayr is easily likeable if you get to know her but can get easily irritated with her many pranks and will to take revenge over petty stuff.

We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family.

She's being hotheaded since she was young, her best friend really tried to calm her temper but she couldn't do much. When Suhayr sets her eyes on something, she won't let it go until she makes sure it's burnt to ashes. Urshia can't say she knows why Suhayr is doing what she is doing. One thing she knows is, she is doing it for a good course that will help everyone around her even them included. She has roof atop their heads when they thought they are about to lose everything. What more could she ask for?

Getting married is a huge step which she is not yet ready to accept, she made a mistake and she should know that. Nowadays they think marriage is just something people do for the fun of it but don't understand the consequences of everything that will get to them when the other one blows. They have so much to know about each other though she knows there is no love there, but still. She is not going to agree with her so easily, she won't give in.

She can't place all the blame on Suhayr, even the so called Sa'eed is at fault in some way. Suhayr can easily pursue someone without stressing herself out nor breaking as much as a sweat, she is very good at pursuing. Maybe it's because of the determination that creases the edges of her eyes makes you succumb since she clearly won't give up even if you are going to take so many years talking about the same thing.