56~

BORNO EMIRATE COUNCIL.

"Aunt U, I missed you." Suhayr beamed at her aunt, her best friend's mother and her mother's best friend. She hasn't seen the woman since her marriage, so many days ago that is.

"I missed you too. Where have you been hiding? Already in love?" Urshia teased with a guilty smile because she can't believe she almost thought about ruining the girls marriage when if anyone deserves the happiness of the world is Suhayr and no other.

She's seen the way the girl got through so much by herself, trying to tend to herself while grieving her mother's death. Clearly, there is something between them that is very special even though they don't see it when they even look alike like siblings. Urshia first believed that Suhayr is Varisha's daughter but Varisha showed her the adoption papers and every other thing which made her believe that Suhayr is really not her daughter. The way they look alike is uncanny though, too much of it that she don't even share with her own children. Their bond is something entirely different even with Suhayr being stiff and aloof sometimes, she still loves the woman a lot.

"Why do you look and sound tensed all of a sudden? Tell me, did something happen or anyone troubling you here?" Suhayr took her protective and possessive stance in front of Urshia ready to tackle all the problems that come in her way. This is what she is talking about. Suhayr is never afraid to being by their side, she's always been.

"Nothing, nothing!" Came Urshia's immediate answer that prove to Suhayr that something is dead wrong and she is clearly involved in the matter. Ah, Suhayr is smarter that she gave her the credit for.

"Tasneem! Thuraiyah!" She yelled into the chamber placing her hands around her hips in akimbo, that style never suits Suhayr because from miles away you can define the trouble that is about to roll off from her. Her eyes are narrowed at the door to the girls' room which barged open to show the duo.

"Keep it tight there, tigress." Tasneem came out, plugging the airPods away from her ears as she strut to the living room featuring a denim skinny jeans, white shirt with no cap letting her hair come down in those soft waves.

"Tell me what the heck is going on here that I'm not allowed to know? Why is Aunt here looking so tensed and maladroit around me all of a sudden?" Suhayr asked straightforward, she don't want to beat around the bush neither is that her style. Not at the moment when something is definitely not dextral, she can feel it in her bones.

"I don't know, she should tell you." And it is confirmed, Tasneem is mad at her mother for something Suhayr is still shelved out of, she can't have it. She hates being in the dark no matter the situation and not this that looks extremely serious. This is also not their family matter for she is somewhere involved in the situation, another guts feeling.

"Tell me what?! Aunt, you need to tell me what is going on here before I turn this place upsidedown!" Suhayr brought out her gangster self, widening her eyes trying to intimidate them which means she is there for business and only business so Urshia opened her mouth rather reluctantly and started talking.

"Mr. El-Kanemi proposed to me few days ago." Urshia sighed, there is no way out of this. Not when Suhayr looks really curious about it, even threatening to turn the place into a havoc. It only states that trouble will lurk around there even if the room don't look like hurricane has hit it.

"Apparently, she would've become your mother in-law if she hadn't turned down the offer." Tasneem shrugged, plopping down loudly on the sofa whilst releasing a breath like she has done the whole work on earth that day. She didn't know she has it in her to talk to her mother like that, she feels ashamed but her pride won't let her apologize.