49~

N'DJAMENA, CHAD.

Two years ago.

"Jo, come and help me arrange the table!" She heard the distant voice of her mother calling out to her to come help but she is half alive and half her sense is dead along with some of the veins in her body. She is not capable of moving nor thinking correctly.

She is still in denial about the fact that the one person she's learnt to love, the one person she finally fell in love with is no more. How can that be even possible? She just talked to him twenty minutes ago and he was so happy to get dressed to come meet her mom and now this stranger is telling her he is dead and met with some accident? The nerve of him?! Maybe it is because he don't know who he is talking to, that is why he agreed to play this prank on her for some fremd peculiar reasons she won't bother finding out.

But why would Sa'ad give his phone to a stranger to prank her like this? This is not his style, this is something she would do not him which makes her start questioning whether this man is saying the truth. His voice was so serious that it left her aghast thinking of only the worst to come out of it. She's tried to keep all her emotions at bay for the first time after meeting him and think rationally but it is proving to be difficult. She can't do it, she won't be able to do so with the humanity hanging on a thread for her.

Thinking about what Sa'ad would ask her to do, she move down their memory and see whether he's talked to her about anyone dying in his family and what he has done. Then she remembered, he's told her about his best friend's death which took a toll on him, he almost slipped into depression. He also told her that his twin brother was the one who consoled him. There is something he said there that would be important to her at the moment, she let her head wander and meander into their time together.

Then she recalled, he was asked to take deep breaths and think.

"Deep breaths." She whispered to herself, her hand moving to her chest to make sure it is not beating maniacally as she could feel but it is, it beats hard and fast, like it is racing some invisible pain.

She stood up from the floor after a few more minutes then move to take the phone she threw on the floor. She walked out of the room with determined strides, she will find out if this is a prank of not. Having lived her whole life with pranks, challenges, dares and other funny stuff, she feels like everything is like she viewed it. She is thankful to that though, she wouldn't have been able to move from her position on the floor, that gave her a motive. This is all a prank, she will believe it till she is proven otherwise.

She wants to find out what the hell is going on and how is her life turning into a joke in mere twenty minutes?! Being that insecure and a lady with trust issues, Suhayr started thinking about different scenarios that won't help her case in anyway. It only made her more petrified and alarmed. The way her heart is beating erratically at a rhyme she has never felt is not a good thing. This can lead to a cardiac arrest but she is still determined to move forward to see and believe. Or her thoughts will definitely lead to her own death.

One of those thoughts is that, he wasn't with her for her or it was just some stupid bet meant to get her in his trap or something. Though she should have felt used and angry with herself, she didn't feel a thing and rather she felt disgusted for thinking about him like this which only means she has trusted him completely to not do that. This is where she decided to go out to the said address which is only five minutes or less from her home and that only means, he was on his way there to see her again and make their relationship official.

She can't believe this is happening when she only sees it in movies!

"Where are you going, Jo? Can't you wait for him to come in? Must you bring him in?" Varisha teased from the kitchen upon sighting her walking out from her room looking determined and grave.