8~ Already Sharing A Room?

N'DJAMENA, CHAD.

"Why not ask Ms. Khalid to help us with one of her bedrooms? I heard she has two bedrooms in her apartment. She won't mind us squatting there for the night huh?" His tone was serious making Sa'eed worried that his friend swallowed something poisonous. He is never serious during his first wife's burial.

"I don't think that is a good idea." He muttered stealing a glance at Suhayr who is busy staring at the photos of their wedding which one of her so called Uncles took earlier. If he doesn't know any better, he'd think she is fan girling inside.

"Why no- don't tell me you have killed her already?" The voice took another dramatic turn after the first sentence. That is what Sa'eed has been avoiding, the drama that always comes after he gets serious.

"Don't be stupid. I'll talk to her about it." He saw her perked up immediately after hearing that so she is indeed multitasking by hearing and seeing all at the same time. He shouldn't be surprised.

"What is it you want to talk to me about or is it not me you want to talk to?" She placed her always innocent act smile which he won't fall for so he kept his phone and continue to drive wanting to gather what to say.

He doesn't want to beg her and neither can he demand her to let them stay since it's clearly not his place yet, till she signs the papers. He hates begging for something, he was not raised to beg for anything as he has everything at his beck and call. There is no need for him to stand up to go get something when they are maids and guards at his disposal.

"Er, we don't have place to stay tonight and we can't leave just now since we have a lot to settle before dawn. So, can we, uh crash at your place?" He asked, his hands tightening on the steering wheel to not let his emotions get the best of him and he will end up in the streets that day.

"Sure, no problem." She shrugged looking all too nice but he doesn't have time to think about it some more since he knew she could be a great actor. He has witnessed one of her performance, all others are minor.

The remaining ride to the company went smoothly without any word exchange from the both of them. He didn't feel like striking a conversation neither does she looks like she has some more questions. He needs to call someone and tell them about his sudden marriage, even Mu'adh doesn't know about it dammit. Where is he to start talking about the whole wedding to Mu'adh who would not let him finish a word after he hears that.

"Send Mu'adh here. I'll call you when I'm done taking care of stuff." He said to her when she is about to leave the car.

"I don't have your number and I know you don't have mine. Let me type it down for you." She move her hand to him indicating that he give her his phone, he did.

Quickly typing away, she gave it back to him then left the car without a word. There is going to be so much trouble with this woman for her arrogance and confidence, he is the one with those not her. How can he cope with someone as hotheaded as him if not even more? The self assurance, over presumptuousness, overbearing attitude will definitely lead to her doom.

"Sup, buddy! What is it we have to do before spending the night at Ms. Khalid's?" Mu'adh played with his brows suggestively, a teasing grin spread across his lips. If Sa'eed is as dirty minded as his friend he would've gave him that same stinky stare.

"I'm married to Ms. Khalid." He dropped the bomb because the longer he kept the secret in him, the longer it will continue torturing him. Now he has let it all out, waiting patiently for his friend's reaction.

"Wait, this is my type of joke not yours so drop that way of acting humorous cause it's boring." Was what Mu'adh said but his face said otherwise seeing as his eyes are trying to search or even rehear the words he had spoken seconds ago.