16~ The Frail Queen.

BORNO EMIRATE COUNCIL.

"Whoa, this is where you live?" Suhayr couldn't hide away her astonishment from her voice making him feel proud and his ego to swell up a notch when he asked her not to get hers any higher. He can't help it, he helped in making the castle get a little modern.

"No, this is where I keep my animals." Came his sarcastic reply which abruptly have her gritting her teeth is anger. He knows the button to push to make her mad and he is pressing on it quite too much, he needs to stop.

"I won't be surprised since you are one too." She gave a smirk of triumph when she saw his face falling then he scowled deeply which elicit a chuckle from her. He will get what he deserve, that she promised deeply, a vow Suhayr will never erase.

"Don't get to mighty because of one good comeback, be careful. I'm a Prince and I can have you locked up for insulting me, mind you." Now it's his turn to feel triumph but she wasn't done, she has one to send back to him, he won't get the last words just like that.

"I'm that Prince's wife, I have all rights on you too. I'm not illiterate, dude." She huffed when he narrowed his eyes but didn't get to comment when he looked up at the home they are about to enter.

She stared at the sangria coloured castle that gazed right back at her with it's intimidating eyes. The powder white colour in stripes by the edges making it look less ancient and more of modern home. A clock, a vast one is atop the gates written in roman numerals and looks to be working just fine making her wonder if it has been there for centuries like she's heard most of the things have been in royal homes such as this castle in front of her. It's so gigantic but also complicated in one weird way or the other.

There is also a canopy like building just below the clock painted in rice cream colour, four strong looking pillars holding it in place. On either side of the gate, there is a staircase that leads to God knows where but it probably lead to somewhere up there. Her eyes roam back to the people coming down from the stairs making her wonder if there is a sacred place there she needs to know. You might never know when you will need a secret passage, she is just been cautious.

The building is said to be built with burnt bricks and was constructed by four famous Kanuri masons and architects. That is the home of traditional ruler of Borno who is her husband's grandfather. Who would've thought she would ever be called your highness apart from when she was dreaming? She never thought the time would come where she will feel the aristocracy of being a royal member. But then again, the saying is never play with destiny for you don't know when it will take your stars and make it shine brighter.

She never thought she would find herself in a castle in a foreign country she know nothing about except the fact that her foster mother had some horrid experience with it when she was younger. There is nothing much she wanted to find out but now, she is willing to search all crannies of that country and come up with the definition of it by herself. She needs to finish with this castle first though, there are a lot for her to see and find.

Maybe she might just enjoy her stay if no one troubles her, but if they do, she will be their worst nightmare cause she has already made up her mind. She won't take shit from no fucktard, everyone should respect his or herself then she will be a sweetheart. She hates showing her true colours, but she will if it gets to the place where she has to. Her husband is clearly not telling her a thing about his family.

Their car zoomed in after the first convoys entered followed by the ones at their back. She let her eyes wander around the place taking in how modern it looks from the inside though there are so many sides that looks like wings. She watch as they drive down the long driveway that is interlocked to perfection while the palm trees lined up the walls on each side making it look like she was on a trip in Hawaii and not Nigeria.