82~ Back With Old Honey.

N'DJAMENA, CHAD.

"You are saying that you married him for his money?" Hakim's brows scrunched lowly as he scratch his growing beard in wonder. He knows Suhayr in and out but he never thought she would give away her freedom for money, that sounds absurd to his ears or he might be hearing things. This is something so unlike the Suhayr he knows.

"What can I do? You know the company wasn't bringing much money then and I need it to survive, don't I?" She got all defensive seeing the judgement clouding his vision, he has always being judgemental and she hates him for that. He is her best friend, they grew up together knowing each other's flaws and because of his flaw, she hardly tells him all her secret and prefer to do it with Tasneem who will fan girl and support her even if she is wrong. She will then make her realise things one after the other, she appreciates that.

"I know that but it sounds somehow, you know? I thought you vowed not to fall in love for some reasons two years back and you got married? Don't mind my language but that is fucking ridiculous!" He rolled his eyes, his figure slumping down on the chair as he swallowed. He can't believe she is married to a stupid Nigerian and even when the doctor was saying it, he couldn't believe him neither did he believe the husband when he told him. He thought he just use that so they could let him through.

"First tell me, how do you find out that I'm here? I can't remember contacting anyone or even having your contact in my emergency list." She crossed her arms over her chest wanting to relieve herself off the guilt of marrying someone for money and she is now hopelessly in love with. She don't want to think about Sa'eed at that moment, she wants a clean head.

"Your so called husband searched for me all around and when he found me, he entrusted you to me. I didn't believe it when he told me you were his wife." Hakim grumbled out, his hands stuck on the bed before he rips something apart while recalling their conversation.

He was lying lazily on his bed while trying to recall what happened for the past three days with his father when he disowned him because he won't give up searching for Suhayr and Tasneem. He has been using his private investigators and are charging him a lot of money, whoever knows his father knows that the man doesn't play with his money and don't like it being played with. He was desperate to the point where all rational thoughts flew away from his head like he was a new born baby looking for it's mother. No one would see the baby's fault because he will need breast milk just like he needed them. His two best friends.

They just opt one day and left without leaving any message or trace to where they went and it is only sensible that he look for them and go crazy. The next day after Tasneem confessed her love for him they disappeared, it messed up his brain big time. He was desperate to find them so he started surging out help from people he never thought he would talk to but he did for his best friends. He loves them both in a different way. While he likes Tasneem like his sister, he loves Suhayr like he would love any woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. He's always loved her for her fierceness and lion face, she is never to be messed with and that always gave him chills. She became the type of woman he wants but gave her space and time.

The next day she confessed her love for him, they all vanished like they were never there without a trace or message for him and when he called them, it wasn't reachable. They changed their phone numbers and when he checked their social media platforms, none of them were active. He got tired of trying himself and sought help from his father's detective who does all his bad works for him. That was the last thing he wanted to do, to ask for his father's help in matters but they made him do that. He dropped his ego and the beef he had for more than five years with his father for them.

A knock on the door to his room awoken him up from his deep slumber. He made his way to the door of his one bedroom apartment he manage to get with his savings till his father calms down. No matter what, he needs his father's help to survive the bestial no matter how he hates the man. The people close to us often are the ones hurting us without knowing and all we can do is shy away and continue to live like it was a great deal when in reality, there is nothing that is more disheartening than that. We still need them with us no matter what we do, that is how life turned it's table on you, it's left for you to make the situation better.