Chapter 1 : The Familiar Stranger

Jisoo's POV

"I've got something for you."

"What is it?"

"First put these airpods on."

"...Oh! This song is so good, Hongjoong. Did you make it?"

"Uh...And the inspiration for this song is none other than you, Somim-ah. No one knows about this song except you and me."

"Mweoya~ You're making me blush."

"...Let's always stay with each other whilst holding hands like this. And I'll always sing for you whenever you want, my love."

"You still read that cringey stuff?" I said.

"Of course!" Yeonjoo said. "It's Aurora! It's one of the best webtoons in the whole world and is still one of the trending searches."

"I didn't know my best friend is still stuck in her eighteen year old self." I shook my head.

We were now heading out of the building after finishing our lectures.

"Yah, it's called romance. Jung Somin and Kim Hongjoong, the two main characters, meet unexpectedly and fall in–"

"Sorry, I'm an anti-romantic."

"Jisoo, you're hopeless..."

"I know."

She sighed and kept her phone back in her bag, still walking beside me. "...But what if this Hongjoong guy comes out of the book? I would faint right then and there."

"This is real life, pabo-ya. That's never gonna happen."

"Do you really have to put it like that?"

"I'm just stating the fact. Stop living in a fantasy world. We're university students, we don't have time for all that."

"As if you study. Your paying attention to the lectures is an out-of-the-blue thing. Do you even remember which lecture we just had?"

"I do!"

"And what was it?"

I paused in my steps. "It was...Uh... That's..." I looked here and there, trying to recall it, but couldn't.

"Leave it! You won't remember it even if you spend the whole day thinking about it." She started walking away and I ran to catch her up.

"The lectures are way too boring. I lose my concentration every time."

"Yeah...All you have is to think about your music every day and night, and stay at home most of the times." She paused in her steps and turned to face me. "Jisoo-ya, open up yourself a little and spend some time on dating. Do you want to stay single forever?"

"You know it, Yeonjoo. I don't like those stuffs."

"You're really of no hope." She shook her head, sighing.

"Yeonjoo-ya!" We turned to the voice and saw the familiar boy running towards us with a wide smile on his face.

He came and stood beside Yeonjoo. "How's your lecture?" he asked.

"Just so so...What about you, Seonghwa?"

"I couldn't pay attention because I kept thinking about you."

"Mweoya~" She blushed and playfully hit his arm.

There they go again...

"But they gave a lot assignments again. I think I've to pull an all-nighter again."

"You can't. I don't want my girlfriend to get sick. You need to take care of yourself too." I just chuckled, looking at them.

Yeonjoo and Seonghwa both of them are my best friends. I know them since we were high-schoolers. We know each other very well, but there's one thing they're still unaware about me. And I don't want them to find it out.

"And Jisoo must be dozing off between the lectures as far as I know," Seonghwa said.

I folded my arms. "No, I wasn't!"

He laughed a bit. "But wait a minute!... Are you wearing the perfume I gave you?" he asked Yeonjoo.

"Uh. You recognized it?"

"How would I not? I was the one who made it."

Then he tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear, smiling at her. I frowned a little on watching that.

"Jisoo-ya!" Yeonjoo said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "We're heading to the tteokbokki shop. Wanna tag along?"

"Ah, I can't. I've got something else to do."

"She needs to work on her songs. Right Jisoo-ya?" Seonghwa said.

"Uh. You both go and enjoy."

"Okay, we'll get going."

I waved at them and they went their way, holding hands. I weakly smiled before turning on my heels and walking away from there.

***

I dropped my bag on the floor and plopped on the couch. I was at my home.

Just then my gaze landed on the book shelf beside the wall. It was filled with the series of books by a specific author.

I walked towards it and pulled out a book from there. I was randomly flipping between the pages of the book when one of them caught my attention.

"When everything is giving you a hard time I'll always save this place for you. So that you can rest without thinking about anything. You can lean on my shoulders even if you fall." Hongjoong took Somin's hand in his. "I'll remember what I said. I'll hold your hand always. I promise you, Somin-ah."

"Khumawo Hongjoong-ah, for coming into my life. I'm happy that I'm not alone anymore."

"...Even their feelings are mutual." I sighed and kept the book back in it's place. "Why did dad write such a book?"

I gathered my stuffs and was about to walk to the room when I suddenly felt someone's presence behind me. So I turned back.

"AHHHH!"

I screamed on watching a strange boy in my house who screamed along with me, I don't know why.

"Yah! Who are you?" I quickly picked up the flower vase as a weapon. "What are you doing in my house?"

"Wait, wait! Don't hit me with that!" He kept his hands in defence. "I'm not a bad person."

"Then who the hell are you?! And how did you break into my house?"

"I don't know either!...I'm Kim Hongjoong, I'm not someone weird. Please don't hit me."

Wait a minute! Did I hear it correctly?

"What did you just say? Kim Hongjoong?!" He just nodded, making my jaw drop.

No way...

Little did I know that one day my boring life was suddenly going to be like this.

To be continued...

***

Authour's Note :
Hope you're streaming and voting for Deja Vu...

Authour's Note :Hope you're streaming and voting for Deja Vu

You Belong With Me || ATEEZ Hongjoong FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara