Chapter 12 : Bittersweet

Hongjoong's POV

"Yesterday's food was really really delicious," Jisoo said with a thumbs-up.

"Ah, khumawo." I rubbed the back of my neck, smiling sheepishly. "...What's the plan for today?"

"Today I want to hangout in the studio. What about we make a song?"

"Sounds good. I was in the mood for making one."

"Let's get started then."

We both took seats beside each other and started playing some random tunes on the keyboard and recorded a couple of them after we liked the melody.

Like that, we passed three good hours while doing it. I have to mention that she looked really beautiful while listening to music with her eyes closed.

She also seemed very happy while working. I guess that's what attracts me more towards her; we both love music.

Just then the doorbell rang so Jisoo went to see who it was. I was looking at random stuffs on the computer screen when a file caught my attention.

"It's You..." It was the name of the file. "Jisoo must have made it."

I was curious enough to tap the play button and hear it. It was one minute and thirty seconds long. It had soft beats just like a ballad songs.

"I guess she likes ballad more."

Her voice sounded so angelic that I got lost for a while. There was something in her voice that attracted me.

Something I would like to hear all day long, something I would crave for more. So I closed my eyes to enjoy it to the fullest.

🎵
I can't stand the butterflies inside anymore,
You're the one I want.
When the darkest nights come, I want you to stay by my side,
And wrap your arms around me.
I want you to know how I feel about you...
🎵

"Yah, what are you doing?" I flung my eyes open on hearing the familiar voice.

***

Jisoo's POV

"I guess someone was joking around."

I sighed and went inside when I didn't see anyone near the door. I was about to enter the studio when I heard something familiar which made me frown.

That song...

I opened the door and barged in. "Yah, what are you doing?"

Hongjoong turned back and stood up, smiling. "You came back?"

"I asked what you were doing."

"Ah, I was listening to your song. It was really good, but it seemed incomplete...Why is that so?"

"I gave you the permission to use my studio that doesn't mean you would look into my personal things."

"I didn't mean to do that on purpose. I was just–"

"Me letting you stay in my house doesn't mean you can do whatever you want...I hate it when people try to meddle with my personal life." I sighed. "Get out." I tried to sound as calm as possible.

"Jisoo-ya, I–"

"I SAID GET OUT!" He flinched a little when I yelled like that. "...I don't have anything else to say so just get out of my house right now. And don't bother me again." I looked away.

He couldn't say anything and walked out of the room. I also made sure that he went out of my house. After that, I went to my room and plopped on the bed.

"Why didn't I delete that song?" I let out a deep sigh. "He reminded me of that time..."

—Flashback—

"Yeonjoo-ya, you know the pink dress you wore last time? Could you let me borrow it for exactly three hours?"

"Wae?"

"It's because I have to do something important today." I blushed a little. "I'm not going to stay single from now on."

"What? Did someone ask you out?"

"I'm going to confess to him today."

"Really?! Who is it? Just tell me already!"

"I'll tell if you lend me your dress."

"You can come and take it."

"Okay. I'll see you later to pick it up from your house." I hung up the call.

I saved the file in my laptop and named it 'It's You'. "I'll come back and complete the song." I quickly grabbed my phone and headed out of the house.

I hopped through the streets, not able to contain my happiness. Pausing in my steps, I cleared my throat and practiced the thing which I would say to him.

"Park Seonghwa...I've liked you for a long time. I know you're super popular with everyone, but even so, you're fated to be with me. You can't escape from me...?"

I scrunched my nose, cringing at it. "You won't perhaps confess like this, right, Jisoo?

I took a right turn to go to Yeonjoo's house when I saw her and Seonghwa standing near her gate. I quickly hid behind the nearby wall and peeped from there.

I saw her telling something to him and then he wrapped his arms around her. I turned back, not able to register what I just saw.

—End of flashback—

I was late to confess my feelings. And that was when I started to hate it; I hated to have feelings for someone first. Because sometimes it's really hard to choose between two precious things.

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
What would you choose if you were in Jisoo's place? Love or friendship?

Author's Note :What would you choose if you were in Jisoo's place? Love or friendship?