Chapter 57 : Warning

Hongjoong's POV

"Be aware!"

Those words kept ringing in my ears continuously from an unknown source. I couldn't see anything as the place was pitch dark. And no matter how much I tried to speak, nothing came out of my mouth.

"I'm warning you! You've to be more careful from now on...Be aware!"

Gasping, I flung my eyes open just to find myself in my room and realising that it was a dream.

Then my gaze landed on Jisoo who was still asleep beside me. I hugged her tightly and let out a deep sigh, closing my eyes.

It was a dream. Don't think about it too much... It was just a dream...

***

"What are you thinking?" Jisoo asked, bringing me back to my senses.

She kept looking at me as we sat opposite to each other, having our breakfast.

It's better to not tell her about the dream for the time being.

"...Ah, it's nothing."

"Your face tells that you're worried about something. Is it about work?"

"Uh..." I slightly nodded. "It isn't going well lately."

"Don't worry about it too much. Everything is going to be okay. I believe in you."

I slightly smiled. "Thanks."

She smiled back and started to eat. I noticed that her hair was disturbing her while she was eating. So she took out her scrunchie to tie it.

"Let me do it." I stood up and went behind her.

"Do you know how to tie hair?"

"I'm trying to learn. I want to do everything I can do for you." With a few more attempts, I was finally able to tie it. "Done."

She chuckled while inspecting her hair. "Not bad. Considering it was your first time, you did well."

"Ah really?" She nodded. "That's a relief!"

"Let's eat quickly before it gets cold."

"Hm." I went back to my seat.

***

"It's really weird..."

I was walking out of my agency, thinking about what happened in the studio earlier.

-Flashback-

I was peacefully listening to the song that I was working on when I heard some weird noises coming out from it. And when I tried to decipher the noise, it sounded like - 'Be aware!'. But in distorted version.

Gasping, I threw the headphones and stood up abruptly from my chair. I got goosebumps when I realised that those were the same words I heard in my dream today.

What is it? Why do I hear it again?...

"Hongjoong, what's wrong?" I turned to my right and saw Leez hyung looking at me with concern.

I tried to calm myself down before answering him. "Hyung, it's nothing. I thought there was a bug."

He nodded and went back to do his work. I sat back on my chair and sighed heavily, looking at the computer screen.

Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen?...

-End of flashback-

"Joong-ah!" I was snapped out of my thoughts when Jisoo called out my name.

She was standing some distance away from me and waved at me when our eyes me. I smiled and jogged to her.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. "I missed you so much."

I hugged her back. "Me too."

She pulled back after a while. "So this is what it feels like to wait for someone."

"Tch..."

She then quickly patted my head. "You did well today."

It reminded of the old days when I used to pick her up. And look how fast the night has changed.

"Did you wait for long?"

"Honestly, I was standing here for an hour."

"Why? You could have come inside. It's so cold out here."

She shook her head. "The time, the seasons, all that doesn't matter. I can always wait here for you. But..." She put a hand over her stomach. "Can we go eat something? I'm really hungry." She pouted.

"I'm also hungry." Smiling, I held her hand and intertwined the fingers. "Let's go grab something to eat." She nodded.

We had just taken some steps forward when I saw something that made me stop in my tracks. And the smile which I had soon faded away.

The time when you think everything's going the way it should be, that's when everything starts to go out of your hand.

I grabbed Jisoo's hand tightly as I glared at the white clad giant. And I could feel him smirk from behind his mask of chains.

To be continued...