Chapter 43 : Perfect World

Hongjoong's POV

I got off from the bus and walked through the streets, lost in thoughts.

—Flashback—

"The songs are quiet okay," director-nim said. "...Okay, we'll hire you as one of our producers for this project."

"I'm really thankful for that." I bowed to him.

"You can start from tomorrow."

"Nae, I got it." I bowed to him again and was about to leave when he stopped me.

"But how do you know the CEO?"

"CEO?"

"He specially asked to hire you."

"I've never met him before."

"You must have some connections with the higher ups then...Ah, right! You're the one who is dating Jung Somin of Sparkle, isn't it?"

Did Somin ask her CEO?

"First you seduced a famous idol and now this. Everything must be so easy for you now. Since you've hit the jackpot."

I just clenched my fist and tried my best to stay calm.

—End of flashback—

Do I really deserve to be judged like this?...

I was still walking through the streets when my gaze landed on a vintage shop where a lot of televisions were kept in the display. I stopped in my tracks and stared at them for a while.

The world inside the television that cannot be reached...The world that they live in and the world that I live in is blocked...Just like the see-through glass.

I sighed and walked away from there. I was almost near the entrance of my agency when my gaze landed on a girl, mumbling something to herself.

I was going to ignore her and head inside, but stopped when I noticed a motorcycle speeding up towards her. She kept walking towards the street as she had no idea about it at all.

"Be careful!" Before the motorcycle could hit her, I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her to my side.

I let out a sigh of relief, looking in the direction the motorcycle went. "You almost got hit." I looked back at her as I let go of her arm. "Are you okay?"

I was taken by surprise when she suddenly hugged me. My arms hung in the air for a while as I was perplexed by her sudden action.

"Yah, do you know how much I missed you?" She sounded as if she'd cry anytime soon. "I was a mess after you left."

"Excuse me!" I pulled myself away and stood at a safe distance from her. "What are you doing?"

Is she a pervert or what?!...

"What do you mean?...Do you not recognise me? It's me, Jisoo. Han Jisoo."

"Sorry, I don't know you."

"It's not the time to joke..." She held my wrist, but I squirmed my hand out of her grip.

"I think you got the wrong person."

I bowed to her a little and headed inside just to meet Yunho on the way.

"Hongjoong hyung!" He came and stood in front of me. "You're still here? I thought you went back home."

"I wanted to work more on the song."

"Ah, I see...How was the meeting with director-nim. He must have hired you, right?"

"Well..."

Just then my cellphone vibrated, indicating an incoming call. I took it out and came to know it was none other than Somin. I didn't want to pick it up as I was still upset for what she did. So I cut the call.

Then I realized something different about myself. I could never decline Somin's call before even if I wanted to. But this time I could do it.

Something's wrong with me...

"By the way, hyung..." Yunho said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Do you know her?"

I followed his gaze and saw the girl, I saved earlier from the motorbike, still standing there.

"I don't know. It's my first time seeing her though."

"Her gaze is endearing...She's even barefoot. Did she run away from her home or what?"

I blankly looked at her for a while who kept staring at me as if making holes on my face.

"Hyung, I need to get going now."

"Uh. Good work."

"See you later, hyung." I waved to him and he left.

I turned on my heels and headed towards my studio.

***

Yawning, I stretched my arms and switched the computers off. I picked up my cellphone from the table and came to know it was already 2:08 am.

"I should head back home now."

I gathered my things and headed out of the building. I was about to walk down the street when I noticed the same barefoot girl sitting by the stairs near the entrance. She was hugging her knees and sobbing.

Did she really run away from her home?

I went to her. "Excuse me..." She lifted her head to look up at me. "It's not good for you to stay here alone at this hour. You should go back home."

"...I don't have anywhere else to go. I... I don't have a home." She buried her face in her arms and started sobbing again. I just sighed, looking at her.

Even if I don't know the reason, I feel bad for her.

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
Happy New Year!! Wishing you all a very happy and healthy year ahead.❤️

❤️