Chapter 26 : Hurt

Hongjoong's POV

"Look at me and say that again...Do you really mean it?" I asked, hoping it wasn't what she wanted to tell. But I was proved wrong again after hearing her answer.

"Uh...I mean it," Jisoo said.

Those words hit me like a gunshot and my grip on her wrist loosened, finally letting go of it. It was already hard for me to accept those words, but she decided to hurt me more.

"Who gave you the permission to do whatever you want? You're not even a human in this world!...You're just a fictional character of a random webtoon, nothing more than that."

The reality hit me hard. What she said is not totally wrong. I am a fictional character created for the webtoon, Aurora. I was created for just a mere entertainment for those who love comics.

I must have been blinded when I came out of that fictional world. I thought I was also one of these humans and wanted to be loved.

I was all wrong...

But she shouldn't have hurt me like that. Even if I'm not a real human, I was made like one. I too have a heart that gets hurt. I too feel the pain even if it's not physically.

I huffed, trying to arrange my thoughts. "I must be stupid to fall for you and think I was someone you loved." I tried my best to hold back my tears while speaking. "...Now I think I might regret liking you."

Jisoo just rolled her eyes as if it didn't bother her even a bit. At the very moment, I regretted coming to this world the most.

"Okay! So don't ever show up in front of me again." That was all she said before walking past me while bumping her shoulder into mine.

I just stood there as tears silently rolled down my cheeks, but didn't bother to wipe them away. At that moment, I decided not to get involved with Jisoo anymore and go far away from her.

I won't go back to her no matter what...

***

Jisoo's POV

The next day too, Hongjoong didn't come back home. I wondered where he would be and in what state. I sat on the couch in the living room, looking at the main door.

"Was I that rude?..." I sighed, resting my head on my palms. "I shouldn't have said that. Jisoo, you must be crazy."

It was time to head to the university so I grabbed my things and walked out of the house.

***

"Everyone did a great job!" Juyeon announced. I was in the club room with the members.

"Yes!" Yewon said. "And we got a lot of positive feedbacks."

"But all the credit goes to Jisoo," Moonbin said. "It was her idea after all."

"Aniyo..." I said, blushing a little. "I just suggested it, but you all made it happen."

"This was the best campus festival I've even seen," Eunbi said.

"I agree," Mingi said.

"To celebrate the occasion, what about we all go for a drink?" Hwanwoong asked.

"I'm in," Seungkwan said without hesitating.

"Me too," Youngtaek said.

And like that everyone agreed to go for drinks tonight. I didn't deny it as I too wanted some drinks to clear my mind cause yesterday has been too much for me.

***

"Geonbae!"

We clinked our glasses together before chugging down all the content at once. Everyone was busy chatting with each other while I just sat there, lost in thoughts.

Will he come back?...What if he doesn't?... What if he goes back to his world without even saying goodbye?...

I sighed and chugged down another glass, trying to forget about him, but just couldn't. After several more glasses, I started to feel a little tipsy.

"Noona!" I turned to my left just to see Mingi looking at me with concern. "Is everything okay?"

"Of course, everything's fine."

"Take it slow. You shouldn't drink so much with an empty stomach."

He passed me some snacks, but I refused to eat them. "I'm totally fine. I just want to drink."

I took a couple of drinks more till my surroundings started to get blurry and then I just blanked out.

To be continued...