Chapter 13 : Disappear

Jisoo's POV

When I woke up, I found myself lying on the bed. I looked at my phone and realized it was already 8:24 pm.

I sighed and got off my bed. I went to the living room and pulled out a random book to read. Just then my gaze landed on the window and came to know it was raining heavily outside.

"They didn't mention it in the weather forecast...When are they even accurate?" I shook my head.

Just then I remembered about Hongjoong. He didn't have anywhere else to go and staying out in this kind of weather was not a good idea at all.

"Why should I be concerned? Ah, forget it!"

I tried to shook the thoughts off my mind and concentrated on reading the book. But I just couldn't. I kept imagining him shivering outside in just a hoodie.

"How can I just let him be now?"

I quickly grabbed an umbrella and rushed out of the house. I looked around in search of him but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Kim Hongjoong! Where are you?" I thought he would come out if he heard me. "Where you at?...Kim Hongjoong!"

I kept calling his name, but there wasn't any sign of him. I quickly called him, but it said his phone was switched off.

"How do I contact him now?"

I looked around the house, but still couldn't find him. So I started to get a little anxious about him.

"Where could he be?" I combed my hair back with my fingers in frustration.

I ran down the streets in search for him while calling his name. I finally stopped in front of a park to catch my breath. I rested my palm on my knee and breathed heavily. It had been an hour since I came out in search of him.

"Just where did he go?..."

Just then something struck my mind which I didn't want to accept.

What if he went back to his world?

I wanted him to go back, but not like this. I felt very guilty to yell at him earlier. But a part of me wanted me to go search for him some more as there's was still a little bit of hope.

"Ani, he might be somewhere near..."

So with that little hope, I was about to walk away when I heard a familiar voice.

"Haneul wilo nala nan piteo paen. Wendi neoui soneul jabajulge girl... Sijaghae igeon prologue~"

I tried to find the source of it and saw Hongjoong sitting on one of the benches of the park, totally soaked by the rain. And he was singing, probably to distract himself from the cold weather.

Closing my eyes, I let out a deep sigh of relief to see him before walking towards him.

"Yah, Kim Hongjoong!" I stopped in front of him.

He quickly stood up, looking at me in surprise. "Jisoo-ya..."

"Yah, why did you switch your phone off? Do you know how much worried I was?"

"Ah, it's because the battery is dead."

"Then you should have stayed near the house. I even thought you went back to your world...What am I supposed to do when you just disappear–"

I was almost in the verge of tears when he suddenly pulled me into a hug. The umbrella which I was holding slipped down from my hands, making me get soaked in the rain.

"Mianhae..." he softly said. "I won't do that again. I won't disappear on you again. Mianhae, Jisoo-ya."

I sighed, closing my eyes. I don't know how, but his hug calmed me down. We stayed like that for a while, none of us wanting to break the silence.

***

"I only have these two," I said, showing Hongjoong the blankets.

We came back home and were shivering from the cold. I had turned the room heater on, but it was still cold inside so I brought a couple of blankets.

One of them was big enough to accommodate two people in it and the other one was quite a small one, it could only be used to cover the legs.

"You can take this." I handed him the bigger one. "You need it more."

I sat down beside him and hugged my knees, covering them with the other blanket. I rubbed my palm to produce some heat.

I was still shivering a little when Hongjoong suddenly wrapped half of his blanket around me. My heart skipped a beat and I sat there frozen as he set the blanket on me.

"You need it too," he simply said.

"...Khumawo."

I felt very guilty for kicking him out of the house so I thought to apologize to him.

"I–" we both said in unison.

"You can go first," I said.

"About earlier, I'm really sorry about it. I wanted to know what kind of songs you make. So curiosity took the best of me. Mianhae, I won't do that again."

"I'm also sorry...For some reason, I hate that song so when you played it out of the blue, I– Mianhae, for kicking you out like that. I overreacted."

"It's okay."

"It's not okay...If you want to curse at me then you can. You suffered in the rain because of me."

"I don't want to." I looked at him. "I would have also been mad if it were me." I sighed, looking back to the front. I felt more guilty after hearing that.

"To be honest..." he said. "You're a little mean. I thought I would have to stay there all night. I did think about cursing at you too." I chuckled at the way he said that in pout. "Yah, you're laughing? I was about to freeze to death, you know?!"

"Just...You just look too cute while whining."

His face lighted up in a second. "So you agree that I look cute?" He poked both of his cheeks. I couldn't help, but to chuckle at it again.

"Okay, I agree that you're cute." He had a proud smile when I said that. "...But how do you know about that song?"

"Which song?"

"The one you were singing at the park, Peterpan by Crude Play. You don't have that band in your world as far as I remember."

"Ah, that...I heard you listening to it."

"Ah..."

"I really like Peter Pan and the song was catchy so I couldn't get it out of my mind."

"Me too." I smiled widely. "I too like Peter Pan a lot."

"Ah really? You have some taste then." He smirked.

To be continued...