Chapter 23 : Love Sight

Jisoo's POV

Soon the day of the campus festival came. I came a few hours early to the university to check up on the preparations.

As planned, everything was almost ready. I checked the speakers, mics, etc. for final confirmation.

"You're here early?"

I turned back to the voice and saw Juyeon coming towards me, holding a big box in his hands. He came and kept the box down beside me before dusting off his hands.

"I came to do the final check," I said.

"Don't worry too much. It's going to be a hit."

"Hope so."

"Ah, right! Yewon was looking you. She needed some help regarding the outfits."

"Ah..."

"She's in the club room."

"I got it." Then I rushed to the said place.

***

"I'm starting to get nervous now," I said. "The festival will start in an hour."

Yeonjoo sighed. "You worry too much, don't you?" I was sitting with her in the garden.

I pouted. "I can't help it...I just pray there shouldn't be any problem with the mics, the speakers or anything."

"Jisoo-ya..." She held my shoulders, making me look at her. "Be positive. Everything is going to be okay. Look at me, do I look like I'm worried about burning the food?"

"It's because you're good at it."

"And you're good at doing the things you love." I let out a small sigh. "So cheer up. You're club is going to get the 'best club' award tonight. I need a celebration party later. Got it?"

I chuckled. "Araseo."

She knows how to light up my mood...

"But do you really want to go around like this?"

I scanned myself. "Wae? What's wrong?"

"You need a makeover. Let's go to the salon." She quickly stood up.

"What? Now?"

"Uh. You need to look pretty while receiving the award."

"But now–"

"I don't want any excuses." She didn't even let me speak and pulled me up before dragging me with her.

***

Hongjoong's POV

I sighed, stopping near a random stall of the campus. I looked around, but couldn't find any familiar faces there.

"Jisoo must be busy with her work..." I pouted.

Just then my phone vibrated, indicating the text I just got.

Park Seonghwa (Pabo)
Where are you?

I'm near the stalls.
Where are you?

I'm near entrance of
the main building

Got it

I kept the phone back in my pocket and headed towards the destination. Facing some difficulties with directions, I was finally able to see Seonghwa standing at the said place with Mingi.

"Hongjoong, here!" Seonghwa waved at me when he noticed me coming.

I went to them. "Is everything ready?"

"I was just discussing about that with Mingi. Everything's ready."

"That's good then."

"And thanks a lot Mingi for the help. We wouldn't have been able to do it without you."

"Hyung, it's nothing..." Mingi rubbed the back of his neck. "Ah, my friends are calling. See you two later." By saying that, he walked away after giving a smile to both of us.

"I'm a little nervous about it," Seonghwa said.

"Don't be nervous. I know you'll do good."

"Really?" I nodded. "I just hope Yeonjoo is impressed with it."

"She'll be. Totally!" He chuckled, looking a bit relaxed. "By the way, where is Jisoo? I don't see her around."

"Yeonjoo texted me they went to a salon. They'll be here soon."

"Ah, I see."

I don't know why, but I feel a little nervous for the surprise...Maybe because it's been a while since I last sang for someone.

"Uh? They're here!" Seonghwa said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I followed his gaze and saw Jisoo coming towards us along with Yeonjoo. Even though there were a lot of people passing by, I could easily spot Jisoo out from that crowd.

For a while, I couldn't breathe properly as I kept staring at her. And when our eyes met, she gave me her most beautiful smile; the smile which melts my heart.

I would be lying if I say she isn't pretty, but today she looked extra pretty that I didn't even realize when she came and stood right in front of me.

"What are you looking at?" Jisoo said, bringing me back to my senses.

"Huh?" I was too flustered to say anything.

"It's good that everyone is here," Yeonjoo said, interrupting us. "We should take a selca here."

"Yeah, let's do that," Seonghwa added.

Yeonjoo quickly took out his phone and passed it to Seonghwa before standing next to him while me and Jisoo joined the chain.

"Hongjoong, you're out of the frame," Seonghwa said. "Stand closer."

As I hesitantly took a step closer to Jisoo, my heart started to beat faster as if it would explode any moment. I stole some glances of Jisoo when her face got closer to mine.

She is beautiful even from this close...

When I look at her, she makes me forget everything as if the time had stopped and I could only see her. I was still lost in admiring her that I didn't even realize when the selca was taken.

To be continued...