Chapter 15 : Secret

Jisoo's POV

"Yah, Han Jisoo. Let me ask you one thing..." Yeonjoo said. "Do you like Seonghwa?"

"What?..."

"I asked do you like my boyfriend?" I just froze at my place, not able to reply anything. "...Fine. I got it." She walked past me, bumping her shoulder into mine.

The thing which I feared the most came true.

Yeonjoo kept avoiding me the whole day. She even skipped the lunch so I bought her favourite sandwich to give it to her. But when I approached her, she just rolled her eyes and walked away from me.

It's all my fault...

***

I sighed for the nth time, walking back home.

"Jisoo-ya!" I turned back to see Seonghwa running towards me. "Let's go together." We walked beside each other.

I no longer have butterflies. I just feel uncomfortable that I'm with him.

"What's wrong with Yeonjoo?"

I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, she got mad all of a sudden. Do you know anything?"

"I'm not sure. She's not talking to me either."

"Fine, she's mad at me. But why is she mad at you?"

"I don't know." I looked away.

"I should know what I did wrong if I'm going to apologize. But she won't say anything."

I just looked down and sighed again.

***

"I'm home," I said, taking off my shoes.

"Jisoo-ya, you're here?" Hongjoong gave me his usual smile.

I sat on the couch. "What were you watching?" I gestured to my laptop kept on the coffee table.

"Ah, this..." He sat down across me. "I was watching 'Pirates Of The Caribbean'."

"I didn't know you liked pirates."

"I recently came to like them. But wait a minute! You just told you didn't know I liked pirates?"

"Hm." I nodded.

"So there are some things that you're unaware about me."

I chuckled. "But I still know you very well."

"Then you must know that I like you."

"Huh?"

We kept looking at each other for a while. It took me some time to register what he just said before my cheeks started to heat up.

Did I hear it correctly?...

"Aren't you hungry?" he said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"U-Uh, I am. I'll go wash up quickly."

I rushed to me room and closed the door. I sat on the edge of the bed, thinking about what Hongjoong said earlier.

Did he mean it?...

"But why am I thinking about it?" I slapped myself. "Stop thinking nonsense, Jisoo. He must be joking. Don't take it seriously."

***

"Why aren't you eating?" Hongjoong said, bringing me back to my senses. "It's even your favourite cheese tteokbokki."

I looked at the delicious food kept in front of me. Anybody would feel their mouth watering on seeing the visuals, but it didn't work on me.

"I just don't feel like eating today."

He kept his chopsticks on the table and turned his whole attention to me. "Wae? Is everything okay? You can tell me if something's bothering you."

"That's..." I paused for a while. But soon after decided to honestly tell him everything. "The thing I feared came true."

***

"So that's why you got mad at me when I suddenly played that song," Hongjoong said.

I nodded. "It was supposed to be a secret, but it turned out like this..." I looked down, sighing. "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have liked Seonghwa in the first place."

"It's not your fault." I looked up at him. "There's nothing wrong with falling in love. So why would you blame yourself for it?"

"I might lose Yeonjoo because of that... Which I don't want to happen, even in my dreams."

"I think you should have a talk with her. Tell her the truth...I'm sure she'll understand you, she's your best friend after all."

I thought for a while and agreed to do what he suggested. I picked up my phone and quickly texted Dahyun.

She might know where Yeonjoo would be now.

"What are you doing?" Hongjoong asked.

"I think you're right. I should talk to her."

He nodded. "But...how did Yeonjoo know about it? You didn't tell anyone about it."

I was also left in confusion on hearing that. "...I don't know either."

Just then my phone vibrated, showing the text I got from Dahyun.

She's with me &
we're on our way
to the Mist Cafe

Don't tell her
that I asked

"Hongjoong, I'll be right back." I grabbed my jacket and rushed out of the house.

***

I reached the place and looked around for Yeonjoo. "She's not here yet, I guess."

I was looking at my phone when someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned back to see Seonghwa standing there.

"Did you come here to get your favourite drink?" he said.

I looked at him in surprise. "Why are you here?"

"What do you mean? I came here to meet Yeonjoo."

"What?"

"I heard she was here."

"Who said that?"

Just then we heard some steps nearing us and saw Yeonjoo coming towards us along with Dahyhun.

"Yeonjoo-ya." Seonghwa waved at her as they stopped in front of us.

I wanted to fix things, but now it became worse...

"What are you two doing here?" Yeonjoo said, glaring at both of us.

To be continued...