Chapter 54 : Never Ending Story

Hongjoong's POV

"But I got to find my happiness again when I met someone." I was silently listening to Jisoo when she looked back at me in the eyes. "...Although we only had a short time to spend with each other, I was really happy."

That one sentence kept ringing in my head continuously and soon I heard a loud buzzing sound from an unknown source. I covered my ears, closing my eyes tightly. It felt as if my head would burst form the noise.

When it stopped after a while, I opened my eyes just to see Jisoo looking at me with concern. "Hongjoong-ah... Are you okay?"

I let out a deep breath before replying. "Uh...I guess I need some air."

I quickly excused myself and rushed out of the studio. I came out of the building and sighed again.

"What's wrong with me?..."

Soon I heard the tinnitus again. Then all the memories of me and Jisoo started to flash one by one in my mind like a panorama; our unfinished story.

I breathed heavily as my eyes started to well up on recalling everything that happened till now. Without wasting any more time, I ran to my studio.

This time I won't let you go...I'll never let you go again... Never!...

***

Jisoo's POV

"Hongjoong-ah...Are you okay?" I asked when he suddenly covered his ears, looking as if he was in pain.

He looked at me after a while. "Uh...I guess I need some air."

By saying that, he just rushed out of the studio. I sighed heavily before looking down. No matter how much I tried to not let the negetive thoughts take the best of me, it never worked.

"...What if he doesn't remember me forever? What do I do then?" A tear managed to slip out of my eyes. "If only I hadn't brought him to my world..."

"Then I would've just been the protagonist of Aurora."

My eyes widened on hearing it and I quickly stood up from the chair, turning back to the voice. There stood Hongjoong near the door, looking at me with teary eyes.

For a moment, I wasn't able to believe if I was dreaming or it was happening for real.

"I missed you so much, Jisoo-ya..." he said.

I couldn't stop myself from running to his arms, breaking into tears. "You... How?..." I looked up at him. "Yah, how did you forget me? Even if I made that kind of decision, you should've realized as soon as you saw me...You should've remembered me."

"I'm sorry...I promise I won't let that happen again. I promise you!" Feeling relieved, I closed my eyes and kept sobbing as he hugged me tighter.

***

"Done," Hongjoong said after putting the butterfly necklace on me.

"I thought I lost it," I said.

He tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear. "It still suits you well like it did before."

We were sitting beside each other on the couch in his home. I just kept staring at him, still hoping it's not an illusion.

"Even when I didn't remember you, it felt as if everything was going back towards you." He gently pulled me into his embrace. "I can hardly imagine how you must have felt all this time. How painful it must have been for you."

"You didn't remember anything that happened between us. I thought I'd never see you again. Now...What will happen to us? Can we finally be happy without anymore misfortunes?"

He caressed my head. "Of course! No one can break us apart again. Now we're the two main characters of our story without any supporting actors... Even if we're from two different worlds, no one can break this rule."

Snuggling closer to him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and let out a deep breath. "I feel like I'm finally home." I closed my eyes, feeling the warmth of his embrace.

Can we really be able to complete our unfinished story?...

***

Hongjoong's POV

I laid Jisoo down on the bed and pulled up the blanket. I let out a sigh of relief as I sat at the edge of the bed. Smiling, I admired her as she slept peacefully.

"She still looks so cute while sleeping." I moved some strands of her hair to the side. "Sorry for making you go through so much just because of me... You won't have to worry about it anymore. I promise that I'll never make you cry again."

I gave a soft kiss on her forehead before walking out of the room. I closed the door behind me and sighed again.

"Now I just need to fix my part of the story."

I glanced at the door of my room for the last time before heading out of my house.

To be continued...