Chapter 7 : Like

Jisoo's POV

"Ah, I've one more thing to tell you," Hongjoong said. I nodded for him to continue. "That's...I got a job for myself."

"Why suddenly?"

I don't want you to think of me as a burden. I'm already very grateful of you letting me stay in your house, although I just popped out of nowhere and became a nuisance...

I wanted to say that, but it would have only ruined the mood. "I just wanted to try out something different since I'm here...I want to experience different things that I want to and not being forced by someone."

She nodded with a smile. "That's a good thing. You should do what you love...But which job is it?"

"A barista."

"Ah, I see. I'll drop by sometime then."

"Sure, you can."

"I need free drinks. Got it?" She laughed a bit when she noticed my change in expression. "Just kidding!"

And like that, we chatted on our way back home.

***

Hongjoong's POV

I tried my best in memorizing the recipes and do my best since it's my first day at the cafe. Although it was a little difficult to carry out the orders of the customers, I enjoyed it.

I wanted to do something different from my usual life and I finally got to do it here. It made me happy as I could do anything I want here.

But I shouldn't get used to this place, right? I'll have to leave anyways...

"Aniya, I can't let the negetive thoughts take the best of me," I mumbled to myself. "I want to cherish everything as if it's my last."

With that in mind, I tried to shook the unpleasant thoughts off my mind and got back to work.

I was cleaning the counter when I heard the clinging of the glass decorations by the door which indicated a customer entering the cafe.

I kept the piece of cloth away and turned back to greet the person. "Welcome–" I was taken by surprise to see a familiar face approaching me. "Uh? Han Jisoo."

She stopped in front of me, flashing her beautiful smile. "I told you I would drop by." I didn't even realize I kept staring at her for a while.

She's pretty...

"Hongjoong?" She waved her hand in front of my face, bringing me back to my senses. "What are you thinking?"

"It's nothing...What would you like?"

"A strawberry bubble tea with whipped cream, please."

"It'll be ready in a minute, ma'am."

She chuckled before heading towards an empty table to sit. I too went to do my work. I put double the efforts to make her drink and finished with putting a lot of whipped cream on the top.

I kept the drink in front of her before taking a seat opposite to her. "It's my first time making it so it may not be that good."

I nervously waited for her to give feedback as she took a sip of it. I dropped my head when she just stared at me with a blank expression.

I wanted to make it good for her...I think I messed up.

"It's amazing!"

I quickly lifted my head up to see her smiling. "Ah, really?"

She nodded. "I didn't know you're this good at making drinks."

"I'm glad you liked it." I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling proud of my work.

"I should come here often. It's also nearby the university."

"I'll make you even more delicious drinks next time."

"I'll be looking forward to it."

And for some reason, I always try to look good in front of her. I always try to make her smile in any way I can as if it heals all my wounds and makes me feel better.

But why do I behave like this?...

***

Jisoo's POV

"Are you done with it?" I asked.

"Nope. I haven't even completed half of it," Yeonjoo said.

I sighed, looking back at my computer screen. We were at the computer lab of our university, working on our assignments.

"I don't think I'll be able to complete this section today." I pouted.

Thank god I bought an americano on my way. I'll need it.

"By the way, about yesterday..." I looked at Yeonjoo who was using the computer next to mine. "Kim Hongjoong."

"What about him?" I sipped my americano.

"Do you like him?"

I choked on my drink and coughed a little. "What?! Don't speak nonsense!"

"It's not nonsense! I noticed you behaving a little different around him, you feel comfortable with him. The way you look and smile at him–"

"It's nothing like that. Don't assume things that's not gonna happen." I looked back at the computer screen.

"Yah, why don't you give it a try? You two already look good together. And Hongjoong seems to be a nice guy too."

"He isn't even a hum– I told you I don't like those stuffs."

I almost told her Hongjoong is just a fictional character.

"Just give it a chance. Who knows? Maybe he's the one for you."

"Don't you have to complete your assignment, Kim Yeonjoo-ssi?"

She sighed and looked back at her computer screen. "I want you to have someone to take care of you. You can't always live alone."

"I'm not a five year old. I'm fine with living alone. And it's advantageous too, I can do whatever I want." I shrugged.

She shook her head. "Jisoo, you're really hopeless. Do whatever you want." I chuckled. "...But don't regret it later."

I've been living alone for five years now. Why would I regret to have someone by my side when I don't even need it?

To be continued...