Chapter 50 : Trust Me

Somin's POV

"Are you feeling better now?" Woohyun said and I nodded in response.

We were sitting in his car and I just stared at the rain through the closed window, not able to believe what I saw earlier.

"I didn't expect that from Hongjoong," he continued. "How can he?!"

"Aniya...It must be a misunderstanding. There's no way he'd do that to me. He's not that kind of a person."

"You're still taking his side when you clearly saw him walking away with another girl? I should go beat him to pulp."

"Woohyun-ah." I looked at him. "I'll take care of it myself. I'll talk to him."

He huffed. "Somin-ah, you're so naive. I've known you for eight years now. You easily believe in people and let them take advantage of you. That jerk, Kim Hongjoong, also did the same."

"I said I can take care of it myself." I looked elsewhere and wiped a tear away. "So please drop me at the dorm. I have a lot to think about."

I heard him sigh. "Araseo. But I won't stay still if he hurts you again."

I just looked out of the window, lost in thoughts.

***

Jisoo's POV

"Would you like something to drink?" Hongjoong asked.

"No, I'm okay."

"I'll go get changed then. I'll be quick."

Hongjoong asked me to sit on the couch and went to his bedroom. I sighed as I sat on the couch and blankly stared at the front.

Will his memories really come back?...

Within the blink of an eye, I found myself back in my club room. Then my gaze landed on the hourglass kept on the table in front of me. All the sand in it had flown down from top to bottom.

"Until when do I need to keep doing this?..." I looked up, trying to hold back the tears.

***

Woohyun's POV

"Thanks for the ride," Somin said, unbuckling her seatbelt.

She was about to open the door when I spoke. "Wait!" She looked at me.

—Flashback—

As soon as I reached the agency after finishing my schedule, I began to search for Somin. I came to know from a staff member that she was in the dance practice room.

I heard from my manager that she was accused of stealing Dayeon's laptop and formatting it. But I knew it very well that Somin wouldn't do such kind of a thing.

When I reached my destination, I found out that the door was slightly open. I was about to give a knock, but stopped when I heard someone sobbing from inside.

I peeped through the gap and realized it was none other than Somin. She was sitting on the floor and had buried her face in her arms, hugging her knees.

I thought it would be better to leave her alone for the time being. So I leaned back on the wall beside the door and stayed there for a while.

End of flashback—

"About Dayeon's laptop..." I said. "I trust you. I know you won't do something like that."

She weakly smiled. "...Thanks for believing in me."

(A/N : Mideojwoseo gomawo~ I always get goosebumps while listening to this song.)

"Go inside."

"Drive safely then."

"Hm." I nodded, smiling.

My gaze never left her as she headed towards the entrance of her dorm. I let out a sigh when she finally went inside and then I drove away from there.

***

Somin's POV

I closed the door behind me and walked towards my room.

"Look who's back." I turned to the voice and saw Dayeon sitting on the couch, crossing her legs. "You still have the audacity to walk with dignity?"

I sighed internally. "Don't you have anything else to do?"

She stood up and came to me. "How dare you talk back after what you did to me?"

"You, too, know it very well that it wasn't me...Since the trainee days, you're the one who was always jealous of me in every way. By framing me like this, does your heart finally feel at ease?"

"Yah, Jung Somin!"

She was about to slap me, but I grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Wae? Are you flustered after hearing the bitter truth?" I shoved her hand away. "It's not that I'm losing because I'm weak, it's because I'm letting you win... Let's stop it here, the others will wake up."

I gave her a glare before walking away from her. "Good that you know your place." I paused in my steps. "You don't even stand a chance to me." She came and stood in front of me, folding her arms. "How would you compare a poor shop-owner's daughter to a rich CEO's daughter. Right?"

I clenched my fists and tried my best to stay calm. She gave me a satisfied smirk and walked to her room. I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh.

I can never go against her as she's the daughter of my CEO...I don't have any other option than to endure all this.

To be continued...