Chapter 33 : Life Goes On

Hongjoong's POV

I blankly kept staring at the front as I walked, lost in thoughts.

—Flashback—

"Who the heck are you?!" I said, clenching my fist.

"I'm the cruel fate that you had never dreamt of," the white-clad giant said.

—End of flashback—

What the heck was he talking about? And how does he know me so well?...

I came back to my senses when Jisoo snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Hongjoong-ah, where did you get lost?"

"Ah, it's nothing."

She stopped in front of me. "It doesn't look like so. Tell me what's wrong."

"That's..."

She'll get unnecessarily worried if I tell her about it.

"I'm just a little tired." I massaged the crook of my neck. "Today was a long day for me." That's wasn't a lie though, today really was a tiring day.

"Ah, is that so?..." I nodded. "Then we'll have to cancel today's movie date." She pouted.

Ah right! We're supposed to go see a movie tonight.

"I'm really sorry, Jisoo-ya. I had a lot to take care of today that it got out of my mind."

"It's okay. You don't need to explain yourself. We can just go next time." She smiled at me, but I knew she was a little disappointed.

"Ani, let's go!" I grabbed her hand and took some steps, but stopped when she didn't move. "Aren't you coming?" I looked at her in confusion.

She sighed. "You still didn't get me." She came and stood beside me. "I said it's okay. You don't need to force yourself for me."

She looked to the front, smiling. "The night breeze is nice." She looked back at me. "Let's just enjoy it till we reach home. Hm?"

"But the movie–"

"How many times do I have to tell you, Hongjoong? I said we can just go next time...And if you still insist on going, then I'll really get mad at you. Got it?"

She's the only one who understands me well...

"I got it." I pulled her into my arms. "Khumawo Jisoo-ya."

She looked up at me, her arms still wrapped around my waist. "For what?"

"Just...For everything."

She chuckled. "Now don't get too cheesy."

I cupped her cheeks. "I promise I'll make it up to you next time." She nodded before I gently planted a kiss on her forehead. I let go of her and held her hand. "Let's go!"

***

It was around 2:24 am when I woke up from the sleep. Actually, I wasn't able to sleep as I had a lot of things going on in my mind.

Sighing heavily, I sat up at the edge of the bed. I was a little thirsty so I thought to go to the kitchen and get me a cup of water.

As soon as I stepped out of my room, I realized I wasn't in Jisoo's home. I turned back to look at the door of my room, but it just disappeared as if it wasn't there from the beginning.

I looked around just to find myself standing outside a ordinary looking convenience store.

"Where am I?..." I mumbled to myself.

"GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, YOU PUNK!" I heard someone yell.

I tried to find the source of it and realized that it came from the store. There I saw a man scolding a boy, even hitting him twice.

The boy just looked down and bowed to him as if apologizing for his wrong doings. But the boy seemed oddly familiar to me.

And when I got to see his face, I finally came to know it was none other than myself. I wasn't able to believe my eyes for a while.

It was the incident from six years ago when I worked as a part-timer there as I needed money to survive. That day a drunk man had created a scene in the store which also made a huge loss of the products that were to be sold.

Without even hearing my point of view, the owner of the store scolded me and fired me from the job.

"GET OUT! RIGHT NOW!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw my younger self exiting the store, head hung low. I didn't have money. I also used to skip the meals often and just stay alive only with the help of water.

I even tried to end my life thinking that all the sufferings would end if I just die. But couldn't get myself to do it.

Although everything was killing me, I knew one thing which made me peacefully sleep at night and forget about all the hardships I went through. It was the only thing that helped me escape the cruel world.

It was music.

So I decided to stay alive and pursue it, hoping that someday I'll get recognized for it and won't have to live a miserable life in the future. That's how I survived till now.

To be continued...