Chapter 22 : The Feels

Hongjoong's POV

"By the way, Hongjoong..." Yeonjoo said, making me look at her. "Do you like Jisoo?"

"Ayy..." Seonghwa said in disbelief. "He's just a friend–"

I can't lie, not at least for something like this...

"Yes, I do."

Seonghwa's jaw dropped on hearing the honest answer from me while Yeonjoo just smirked, I don't know why.

"What?! You like Jisoo?" he whisper- yelled to which I just nodded. "Yeonjoo, aren't you surprised?"

"I kind of guessed it."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Was I that obvious?"

She nodded. "Totally."

"Am I the only one who didn't know? I must be stupid!...Since when?"

"Even before I realized...She's the one who introduced me to a new world and became the most precious person in my life." I blushed a little after saying that.

"Bro, that was smooth like butter."

"...I'll be rooting for you," Yeonjoo said. "Anyways, I wanted someone to always be there by Jisoo's side. And I'm glad that it's someone like you."

"But does Jisoo know about it?" Seonghwa said.

I let out a small sigh. "Not yet."

"Jisoo won't accept it, but she needs someone..." Yeonjoo glanced at Jisoo which made me do the same. She was talking on the phone, standing some distance away from us.

"After her dad passed away, she has been pretending to be okay, always smiling and not showing her pain..." Yeonjoo continued. "She's good at pretending, but I know she isn't okay. She would often cry when she's alone, but won't show it."

That's why Jisoo feared losing Yeonjoo...

"But now I don't have to worry..." I looked back at Yeonjoo. "Because you're here for her. So take care of her well."

I nodded. "I promise I'll never leave her alone."

"I'll root for you too," Seonghwa said. "Jisoo has been smiling a lot lately."

"You're right." Yeonjoo nodded. "And if you sincerely like her, she'll feel it too."

(A/N : I know you feel it too~)

"Thank you guys."

I must be really lucky to have such supportive people in my life...

"Mian, it took so long." Jisoo took a seat beside me. "I had to discuss about the preparations with Eunbi. But..." She looked back and forth between us. "What's with the atmosphere?"

We three just looked at each other and smiled which made her even more confused.

***

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Lower your voice," Seonghwa said. "It's supposed to be a surprise."

He brought me to a place where we can talk in private for a while, away from the two girls.

"Stop beating around the bush and tell me in a way I can understand."

"So the thing I'm planning is..." He then whispered everything in my ear and I was impressed after hearing it.

"Oh! I like it...Okay, I'll help you."

"But we can't tell Jisoo about it?"

"Wae? She'll be of great help to communicate with her club members."

"That's no no. We need to find someone else...Do you know someone from her club?"

"I don't– Wait! I know a boy, his name was Song Mingi as far as I remember. He also worked with us."

"That's great then. We can take help from him."

"I don't know if he'll help us."

"You never know if you don't try. Just talk to him about it."

I sighed. "Araseo, I'll try."

"Khumawo Hongjoong-ah. You're my one and only best friend."

He tried to hug me, but I pushed him away. "I won't help you if you do that."

"I got it, captain!"

"What are you two doing there?" We quickly turned back to face Jisoo and Yeonjoo who were coming towards us.

"Ah, it's nothing," Seonghwa quickly replied, laughing awkwardly. "...Yeonjoo-ya, let me take you home."

She nodded. "Uh...See you guys later."

"Go safely," Jisoo said and they left after waving at us. "...It feels good to spend some time together after so long."

"You're right."

"We should also get going."

I nodded and headed out of the shop with Jisoo. The rain had stopped a long time ago and now the weather felt refreshed.

I was still walking when Jisoo suddenly paused in her steps, making me turn to face her.

"Wae?"

She had a bright smile on her face while she looked at the sky. "Look, a rainbow."

I followed her gaze and saw the rainbow. She then quickly took out her phone and clicked some pictures of it.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

I looked back at her who looked like a little kid admiring the rainbow. My heart started to race like crazy when she smiled like that. She looked more beautiful in my eyes than the rainbow.

"Uh...Very beautiful."

To be continued...