Chapter 14 : Fear

Hongjoong's POV

When I came to my senses, I found myself in a dark tunnel which I never saw before. I also didn't know how I got there.

"Where am I?"

Just then I saw a faint ray of light coming from a very far end. I ran towards it, thinking it would be the end of the tunnel.

I kept running towards it, but couldn't reach it. No matter how much I tried to escape from there, the tunnel seemed endless.

I was about to run again when a white-clad giant suddenly came and stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"Who are you?" I said to the mysterious man.

He didn't say anything for a while and started to take some steps towards me as I kept backing up.

"Who are you? What are you trying to do?"

It felt as if he was about to attack me when I flung my eyes open. I sat up straight on the bed and breathed heavily, realizing it was just a dream.

"What a weird dream..."

I calmed myself down before getting off the bed and walking out of my room. I went to the kitchen to get me a cup of water when I saw Jisoo washing her hands.

"You're up?" she said when she noticed me. "Did you sleep well yesterday?"

"Uh..."

I poured myself a cup of water before chugging it at once. I sighed, keeping the cup back on the table.

"Hongjoong-ah..." I turned to face her. "I need to head out now. I've kept some sandwiches for you on the table." She went to the living room and gathered her things. "See you later."

"Hm. Go safely." I waved at her and she left.

I put my palms on the kitchen counter, shifting my weight on it and sighed on recalling today's dream.

Why did that weird man come in my dream?...I don't have a good feeling about it.

***

Jisoo's POV

I got on the bus and found a nice place for me to sit, the window seat. I put on my airpods and played one of my favourite songs. The one that Hongjoong played last time when we rode the bus together.

I know I won't accept it now, but I'm starting to get used to him. Starting to like the things he does for me and they way cares for me.

But there are some things which I fear. The people I cherish the most, soon disappear from my life. I'm afraid to lose them.

***

I just entered my class when I saw a crowd of people standing at one corner of the room.

"I think they'll break up soon," I heard a girl say to her friend while passing by me.

"I'm asking you! Do you have nothing to tell me?" I heard a very familiar voice say.

I went near the crowd to get what was going on there. And when I made my way to the front, I saw Yeonjoo and Seonghwa standing in between.

"What's wrong with you?" Seonghwa said.

Yeonjoo scoffed. "Look who's talking."

"I've never seen them so serious before. What if they really break up?" the girl who was standing behind me whispered. The others were also gossiping among them.

"What's wrong?" Seonghwa said, looking frustrated.

"I'm asking you for the last time," Yeonjoo said. "Do you not have anything to say to me?"

"How many times do I need to repeat myself? I said no."

"So you won't tell me?" She folded her hands, rolling her eyes.

"What is it? Just tell me so that I can understand...If something's bothering then you need to tell me. What did I do wrong?"

She sighed. "Forget it...I'm done talking to you."

"Guys, what's going on?" I finally said, looking back and forth between them.

"I don't know," Seonghwa said. "I'd love to know."

"Yeonjoo-ya, what's..."

I was taken aback when she just gave me a glare. She never behaved like this to me before which made me question if I did something wrong to her.

She didn't say anything and just walked away. I kept my bag on my desk and ran out of the room. After searching for a while, I finally found Yeonjoo at the rooftop.

She was standing by the railings, her back facing me. And I could clearly tell that something was really bothering her, but I didn't know what it was.

I went to her. "Yeonjoo-ya, are you okay?"

She sighed before turning back to face me. "...How long were you planning to hide it from me?"

"What are you saying? Why would I hide something from you?"

"I feel so betrayed right now." She huffed. "...Did you even consider me as a friend?"

"Yeonjoo-ya–"

"Yah, Han Jisoo. Let me ask you one thing...Do you like Seonghwa?"

To be continued...