Chapter 25 : Someone You Loved

Jisoo's POV

"Good work!" I said to all my club members before parting our ways.

Thankfully, our club did a great job and became the best act of the festival. I let out a sigh of relief and walked away.

I looked around as I walked in the campus to find Yeonjoo and Seonghwa, but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Did they leave already?"

I sighed and was about to continue walking when I noticed Hongjoong standing some distance away from me.

He came to me with a smile. "Are you done?"

"Uh...Have you seen Yeonjoo and Seonghwa?"

"They left a while ago."

"Ah, I see..."

"They must need some time alone after that surprise." He smirked. I just weakly smiled before sighing again. "We should also get going." I nodded and walked beside him.

We were walking back home in total silence. It kind of felt really awkward to walk with him today. I was still lost in thoughts when Hongjoong suddenly spoke.

"You didn't say anything about our performance."

"Ah...It was good! Really!"

"Do you think so?" He rubbed the back of his neck, blushing a little. "...But I was a little upset when you left in the middle of the performance."

"Ah, that..." I quickly looked away. "Something came up."

"I wished you stayed till the end...I really meant the lyrics." I paused in my steps before looking back at him with widened eyes. "The words I couldn't say earlier, I sincerely want to tell you...I think I might regret if I don't tell it now."

I just froze in my spot, not able to process what was happening. He looked straight into my eyes before continuing.

"Jisoo-ya, I know that our worlds are different, but my life changed after meeting you. Because of you, I was able to do what I wanted to not what I was supposed to..."

This ain't it...

"I was finally able to find my greatest happiness that came to me like a star... I don't know if it's destiny or not, but the thing I realized for sure is that I–"

"Hongjoong-ah..." I intentionally stopped him as I knew what he was going to say next. "Later...Let's talk about it later."

I turned back and started to walk away, but he made me stop in my tracks again.

"I like you!..." He came and stood in front of me. "I really like you, Jisoo-ya." His eyes were telling he sincerely meant it and I hated it. "I don't want you to answer me right now. Take your time and think about it. I'll wait for you."

This shouldn't happen...

"...Don't wait for me."

The small smile which he had soon faded away after hearing that. And I tried to hold back the tears that were welling up in my eyes.

I was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist and turned me to face him.

"Liar...You don't mean it."

"I already gave you my answer." I didn't dare to look at him in the eyes.  "So let's stop it here."

"Look at me and say that again."

Why is he making it more hard for me?...

"Look at me..." I sighed and looked at him in the eyes. He looked a little hurt, but still hoped it wasn't true. "Do you really mean it?"