Chapter 49 : On Rainy Days

Somin's POV

I sat on the floor after the continuous hours of dance practice, panting heavily. I stared at myself in the mirror, getting lost in my thoughts.

—Flashback—

"Are you still gonna say it wasn't you?" Dayeon said.

"It isn't me!..." I said. "Trust me, I didn't do it!"

She rolled her eyes. "You're the only one in the whole agency who wears that brand."

"I really didn't do it!" I was almost in the verge of tears. "...Someone's trying to frame me."

I heard Dayeon sigh heavily. "Pd-nim, make sure she pays for the loss." By saying that, she walked out of the room.

"Pd-nim, it's not me!...I didn't do it!" He just looked away, avoiding any eye contact with me.

—End of flashback—

Tears started to roll down my cheeks without me knowing. I hugged my knees and buried my face in my arms.

No one believes me...No one...

***

Hongjoong's POV

"Good work!" Eden hyung said to everyone before leaving.

And like that, the other producers also left the room one by one. Yawning, I stretched my arms as today's work was finally done. I grabbed my things and headed out of the studio.

When I reached the entrance of the building, I came to realize it was raining heavily. I sighed and put on my hood.

After taking a couple of steps, I heard a familiar voice call out my name which made me stop in my tracks.

"Kim Hongjoong!" I turned back and saw Jisoo running towards me with an umbrella. "Why are you walking in the rain?"

She stopped in front of me, preventing me from getting soaked in the rain, and flashed the most beautiful smile she could ever give.

I don't know why, but the way she smiled at me made my heart beat a little faster than usual. I've never felt this before, not even with Somin. I kept staring at her for a while, getting lost in my thoughts.

—Flashback—

I wasn't able to contain my smile as I walked through the streets. My shift ended early so I thought to pick up Jisoo from her university. It was raining heavily and I remember she probably forgot to take an umbrella with her.

"What would she do without me?" I shook my head.

Soon I saw her standing near the entrance of the building, looking at the rain while pouting. I chuckled and ran to her.

As soon as she stepped out, I quickly put the umbrella above her. She then turned back to face me, looking a little surprised.

"Just in time," I said, smiling. "My shift ended early so I thought to pick you up." She didn't say anything and kept staring at me for a while. "Do you want to keep standing here like this?"

"Huh?...No!" I noticed she wasn't able to look at me in the eyes.

I just chuckled. "Let's go." She slightly nodded and walked beside him.

—End of flashback—

It happened again...

I don't know why, but I keep getting flashbacks of me with her. And in those flashbacks, I seem to be happy and behave like myself which I usually can't.

I don't know which place, which time or which fate is attracting me towards her. But I can surely tell there's something about her that I can't remember now.

"What are you doing here?" I said.

"My intuition said you didn't have an umbrella," she said. "So here I am. I did good, right?"

I just chuckled. "Uh, you did good."

Just then my cellphone vibrated. I took it out and came to know it was Somin. I thought for a while and then cut the call.

"Let's go," I said.

Jisoo nodded and then we walked beside each other under that one umbrella.

***

Somin's POV

I came out of the cab and headed towards Hongjoong's agency. It was raining heavily by the time I reached there.

I was about to take a right turn towards the entrance of the building when I saw him standing outside. And soon I realized that he was with the girl I saw yesterday under one umbrella.

I was far away from them so I couldn't hear what they we're talking about, but they seemed to have a good conversation. I quickly took out my cellphone and called him.

I clearly saw him looking at his cellphone on receiving my call. But the thing which happened next, completely shocked me. He cut the call and just walked away with that girl.

The umbrella which I was holding slipped down from my hands. My eyes got teary as I wasn't able to believe what just happened. I wished it to be a dream, but unfortunately it wasn't.

I came with the hope that Hongjoong would believe me and comfort me. But little did I know he was up to something like this...

"...Don't stand in the rain."

I turned back to the voice and saw Woohyun standing behind me, holding an umbrella above me while he was getting soaked in the rain.

"You'll catch a cold." I just looked down, breaking into tears.

To be continued...