Chapter 16 : The Truth Untold

Yeonjoo's POV

"I heard they sell the best pastries there," Dahyun said.

"Yeah, I go there often," I said.

We were giggling while talking as we entered the Mist cafe. But the smile which I had soon faded away when I saw Seonghwa and Jisoo there.

"Yeonjoo-ya," Seonghwa said when he noticed us coming.

I stopped in front of them. "What are you two doing here?" I glared at both of them. "Why are you two together?"

"What's wrong? Are we not allowed to?"

"What did you just say?" I huffed.

"What's wrong with you?"

Jisoo just stood there, looking as if she got caught.

"Do you think I don't know that you two are meeting behind my back?"

"What do you mean?"

"Yah, Han Jisoo...I'm truly disappointed in you." By saying that, I just walked away from there.

How can Jisoo do this to me?...

I never imagined that something like this would happen to me. And that to my best friend, the one I cherish the most, would do this to me.

"Yeonjoo-ya!...Kim Yeonjoo!..."

I heard Seonghwa's voice getting near me. Then I was made to turn back and face the guy.

"Let's have a talk...What did you mean earlier? I'm meeting Jisoo behind your back?"

I sighed. "Uh!"

"What kind of nonsense is that?"

I rolled my eyes. "...Then what is this?" I showed my phone to him.

***

Jisoo's POV

I was walking by the corridor of my class when I noticed some of the students staring at me.

"It's her!"

"Wow! I'm so shocked!"

"How can she do that to her friend?"

I couldn't understand why they were like that so I tried to ignore them at first. But when I entered my classroom, I got the same stares again. I slowly made my way to my seat and kept my bag on the desk before taking sitting on my chair.

"Jisoo-ya..." I looked up to see Taehee standing in front of me. "What's this?" She showed her phone to me, making me a little shocked. "Is something going on between you and Seonghwa?"

Just then I noticed Yeonjoo entering the room. Our eyes met for a brief moment before I turned my attention back to the photo being showed to me.

It was a photo of me and Seonghwa, the day we met at the super market. In that photo, he had put one of his arm around my shoulders while staring at me with a smirk.

It's just a whole misunderstanding...

***

"It's really not what you think," I said. Me and Yeonjoo came out to a quiet place to have a talk. "We met there coincidentally and he was just joking around...You know how ridiculous it is, don't you? How could there be something between him and me?"

"What about you?" she said.

"What?"

"Do you not have any feelings for him?"

"What do you mean?..."

"Then why couldn't you answer me last time? What was that look you gave me?" I just looked away, not able to speak.

"Look! You're speechless again...If you couldn't deceive me properly, you shouldn't have gotten caught." By saying that, she walked away.

I just stood there, watching her figure retreat away. And I couldn't do anything this time either.

***

Is Seonghwa cheating?

She betrayed her.

I can't believe it!

I was sitting in my class, looking at the group chat flooding with these type of texts. I tried not to think about them, but I just couldn't. It was really bothering me.

"Yeonjoo-ya, did you know?" I heard a girl say. "Is that why you fought with Seonghwa?" Yeonjoo didn't reply anything. "That's okay. You don't need to talk if you don't want to."

"I can't believe Seonghwa cheated on her," another girl said, passing by me.

"It must be true."

"That must be why Yeonjoo hasn't been hanging out with Jisoo lately."

I clenched my fist, digging my fingernails into my skin on hearing the gossips.

"I can't believe her."

"Does that mean she cheated with her friend's boyfriend?"

I wasn't able to concentrate on the lectures the whole day. Those words kept ringing in my mind no matter how hard I tried to not think about it.

To be continued...