Chapter 24 : 10,000 Hours

Jisoo's POV

I stood back-stage with Youngtaek waiting for the performance to start. When I felt everything was on point, I gave a nod to Mingi to start.

The music was finally played and the first performance by Seungkwan and Eunbi started. Slowly but steadily people started to gather around the stage to watch it.

A smile quickly crept upon my face when I saw some people bobbing their head to the song.

"People are totally loving it," Youngtaek said.

"You're right."

I felt relieved as the time and performances passed by. I felt proud that so many people liked my idea.

***

Now almost all of the performances were over. The last performance for today was still going on when Hongjoong suddenly came to my mind. I looked around myself, but couldn't find him in the crowd.

Where did he go?...

Seonghwa was also nowhere to be seen. So I asked Yeonjoo about them, who just came after finishing her work.

"Dunno. They would be somewhere here."

The whole campus echoed with claps and cheers as soon as the performance ended. But my mind was still thinking stuck on Hongjoong.

"That was it for today's festival." I turned my attention back to the stage on hearing Eunseo's voice. "The performers and the producers put a lot of effort in making this section. And we're glad you all liked it."

I didn't even realize when the time flew away...I feel a bit sad that the festival is going to end soon.

"But we won't end it like this," Eunseo continued. "We have a surprise for you all...Now it's time for a special stage."

Just like the crowd, I was also left in confusion on hearing that. As far as I remembered, there wasn't any other performance according to the cue sheet.

"You didn't tell me there was a special performance," Yeonjoo whispered.

"I didn't know either."

I looked back to the front in confusion till the two mysterious guests climbed up the stage. The lights focused on them, making their presence known to the audience.

"Hongjoong?...Seonghwa?..."

What are they doing there?

I got even more confused when I saw them standing in the middle of the stage, each of them holding a mic.

What's going on?...

"Before starting, I want to announce something," Seonghwa said, turning all the attention towards him. "I want to dedicate this song to the love of my life, Kim Yeonjoo."

So this was the surprise...

I heard the two of them talking about a surprise earlier, the day we hung out together. But I didn't exactly knew what it was for.

Gasping, I quickly turned to see Yeonjoo's reaction which was exactly what I predicted. She was blushing hard yet touched.

"Oooo...Kim Yeonjoo." I nudged her a little. "You got the right man."

They both didn't tell me about it, not even Hongjoong. I don't know when they planned all this, but it sure did what they expected.

I happily looked back at the stage, anticipating their performance. Soon after the music was played and they started singing.

🎵
Do you love the rain, does it make you dance?
When you're drunk with your friends at a party?
What's your favorite song, does it make you smile?
Do you think of me?
🎵

Seonghwa sang while looking at Yeonjoo. I just chuckled while looking back and forth between the couple. I felt happy for the two of them, but for some reason I envied them too.

🎵
When you close your eyes, tell me what are you dreamin'?
Everything, I wanna know it all
🎵

I let out a small sigh and turned my attention back to the stage. I just tried to enjoy the song and not think about anything else until my eyes met Hongjoong's.

🎵
I'd spend ten thousand hours and ten thousand more
Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours
🎵

Hongjoong kept singing with a smile on his face without breaking the eye contact. If felt as if he was trying to say those words to me through the song. I too kept staring at him as my heart started to beat faster.

🎵
And I might never get there, but I'm gonna try
If it's ten thousand hours or the rest of my life
I'm gonna love you
🎵

He sure makes me feel special around him, but I shouldn't think of him in that way. I quickly broke the eye contact and walked away from there.

I shouldn't get swayed by him...I can't...

***

Author's Note :
You can watch live performance below. I always try to add some situations that have really happened to make the story more realistic. Hope you're enjoying till now;-)