Chapter 44 : I Know

Jisoo's POV

"You can sleep on the couch," Hongjoong said.

He probably pitied me so he brought me to his studio. I didn't say anything and kept staring at him who sat on a chair in front of me.

"Ah, I'm Kim Hongjoong and this is my studio. You can stay here for tonight. But make sure to lock the door before you sleep."

(A/N : Imma leave the door open~ Stream 'Leave The Door Open' cover by ATEEZ;)

Seems like he doesn't remember anything about me after coming back to his real world...

"But why do you keep looking at me that way?" He tilted his head a little.

"...You resemble my boyfriend a lot, who went far away from me."

"Ah, so that's why you hugged me back then, thinking it was him...He must a bad person."

"He's not a bad person."

"He is, because he left such a good person like you."

"How do you know if I'm good or not?"

"Just because...My intuition tells you're a good person." He smiled a little.

"You never know when a person will stab you in the back...You easily got convinced and let me stay here. What if I steal your songs and sell it to some big agency? What will you do then?"

"That won't happen."

"How can you be so sure?"

"...Because you're not that kind of a person." He stared straight into my eyes for a while. "I just felt like I could trust you." He gave me his usual smile that I missed to death.

He doesn't remember me, but can still see through me...

I looked down and tried my best to hold back my tears. Closing my eyes, I let out a deep sigh.

"I'll get going now," Hongjoong said, making me look at him. "Sleep tight."

He stood up from his chair and headed towards the door. He was about to walk out when I stopped him.

"Wait!" He turned back to face me.

Don't go...

"...You too," I said. "Sleep tight." He nodded a little and walked out before closing the door.

A tear rolled down my cheek when he was finally gone. I hugged my knees and broke into tears again. I didn't mind if someone would hear me cry. I just wanted to let it out.

If he doesn't remember forever, will I be okay?...

When I woke up, I found myself sitting in front of the couch at my house. It was already morning and all the things were in their respective places as they were left last night. I just sighed heavily.

So it was a dream...But I can still remember it vividly.

***

I was sitting in the cafeteria and staring out of the window, lost in thoughts.

—Flashback—

"How can you be so sure?" I said.

"...Because you're not that kind of a person." Hongjoong stared straight into my eyes for a while.

—End of flashback—

"My subconscious mind be playing games with me..." I sighed.

"No! We'll have steak!"

"No! Tteokbokki!"

I turned my head on hearing Yeonjoo and Seonghwa's voice as they we're heading towards my table.

"I told you steak," Yeonjoo said.

"I want to eat tteokbokki though," Seonghwa said.

They couldn't stop bickering so I had to interfere. "Geuman! (Stop it!)" They both stopped bickering and quickly turned to face me. "Sit down!" They did the same thing that two kids would do on getting scolded by their mom. "So what's the matter?"

"I decided that we'll have steak today," Yeonjoo said. "But he's arguing to have tteokbokki instead."

"I'm not arguing," Seonghwa retoted. "We ate steak yesterday too. That's why I was telling to have tteokbokki today."

"But I like steak more!"

"I like tteokbokki more!"

I slammed my hand on the table when they crossed my level of patience. "Why don't you eat both?! Are you two in elementary school? Arguing for nothing..."

They both exchanged glances before breaking into a fit of laughter, making me perplexed by their sudden action.

"Your face was worth watching," Seonghwa said.

"You're right," Yeonjoo said, still not able to control her laugh.

"Yah, did you two just made fun of me?" They nodded in unison. "Do you wanna die?!" I raised my fist.

"It was good to see the old playful Jisoo after a long time," Seonghwa said.

"Yeah, I missed her so much," Yeonjoo said.

I cleared my throat as I pulled my hand back. "You think I'd fall for it? Do you take me as a fool?"

"Uh."

"What did you just say?!"

"Please don't hit my Yeonjoo." Seonghwa shielded her. "Hit me instead."

"Okay." I flicked his forehead.

"Ahh! It hurts!..." He massaged the area I hit.

"You only told me to do it." I shrugged.

"I'm letting it go only because we're able to light up you're mood."

"If you're going to say cheesy things, then please go away."

I heard Yeonjoo chuckle. "You say you hate cheesy things, but I know you really like them."

"You seriously–" I looked away, sighing. "Why do they know me so well?" I took a sip from my drink.

"I'll go get the food," Seonghwa said and left.

"Jisoo-ya..." I looked at Yeonjoo. "I've something to tell you."

"I too have something to tell you." I put the cup back on the table. "I had a dream yesterday...About Hongjoong."

To be continued...