Chapter 35 : Borderline

Hongjoong's POV

I tried to compose myself as much as possible after hearing the painful truth behind my life. It was all because of Jisoo's dad that I had to go through the life I didn't deserve.

Because of him, I couldn't even move the way I wanted. It was all fun for him, making me go through the hell-like life. As if I was just a puppet of him.

"Let me tell you one more thing..." the white-clad giant said, bringing me back to my senses. "You don't have much time left in this world."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Your hand."

I looked down at my hand and was shocked to find it looking semi- transparent. "W-What– What's happening?..."

"When a character acts against it's predetermined fate, it eventually ceases to exist."

"What?" I looked back at my hand which now became normal.

"And if the character is the protagonist, then the whole world made for him will also cease to exist."

My eyes widened as I looked up at the man. "...Does that mean Yunho, Somin and all the others will also disappear?"

"You're right. When you came to this world, everything there got paused. That world is neither living nor dead... You came to this world risking all of their lives. So if you disappear, then the whole world of Aurora will also cease to exist."

"No way..."

What did you do, Hongjoong? Just for your own happiness, you kept all of their lives on the borderline?...

"So think about it. If you want to be selfish and stay with your girlfriend till you disappear forever along with Aurora...or take revenge and go back to your real world to save it. Now it's all up to you...Remember that you only have a week till you fully disappear. So decide wisely."

I was about to speak when he just disappeared into thin air, leaving me hopelessly.

***

Jisoo's POV

I placed the pan of freshly cooked pancakes on the kitchen counter before dusting off my hands.

"I hope it tastes good."

After trying for eight times, I was finally able to make a normal looking pancakes, while the others either got burnt or weren't fully cooked. I took off the apron and went to Hongjoong's room to call him for breakfast.

I knocked his door twice. "Hongjoong-ah, the breakfast is ready. Hurry up!" I waited for a while, but no reply came from inside. So I knocked once again. "Are you still sleeping?"

There was still no reply so I opened the door and went in just to find him sleeping. Chuckling, I went near the bed and crouched beside it.

He sleeps like a baby...

I was admiring his face when I noticed the beads of sweat on his forehead.

"Is he sick?"

I was about to touch his forehead when he suddenly flung his eyes open and started breathing heavily.

"Hongjoong-ah, are you alright?"

His gaze lingered on me for a while before he suddenly pulled me into his arms. "I don't wanna leave!..."

"Did you have a nightmare?"

He didn't say anything and kept hugging me as if I'd leave him if he lets go of me.

I hugged him and rubbed his back. "It's okay. It was just a dream, so don't worry about it too much. Hm?" 

He pulled back and blankly stared at me for a while. "...What would have happened if we had never met?"

"Huh?" He sounded so serious that I got perplexed. "Why are you saying that so suddenly?..."

***

Hongjoong's POV

I noticed Jisoo's change in expression so I laughed a bit. "I was just kidding! Can we go eat something? I'm hungry." I pouted, putting a hand over my stomach.

"Ah right! I made some pancakes," she said. "Wash up quickly and come to eat." I nodded and she gave me a smile before heading out of the room.

I let out a deep sigh when she was gone. I tried to shake the thoughts off my mind and went to the bathroom.

I came to the kitchen after washing up and saw Jisoo putting pancakes on two separate plates. I just stood there and stared at her for a while.

"Remember that you only have a week till you fully disappear. So decide wisely."

I looked down at my hand which was normal for the time being.

Whatever I choose, I'd lose the either way...

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
ATEEZ are coming back on 10th of December! I literally couldn't breathe for a while when I saw it. Mate, I'm still not over Zero : Fever Pt.3 and now they're back again...

They're performing on MAMA, then they have to promote their new album for the whole month, they also have a tour next year...Like how do they manage all this?!

Anyways, I'm dead😵...