Chapter 67 : Eternal Sunshine

Jisoo's POV

I slowly flung my eyes open just to find myself under a white unfamiliar ceiling. It didn't take me much time to realise that I was in the hospital by the smell of the chemicals.

Sitting up straight on the bed, I realised I was alone in the room. Only the chirping of the birds could be heard from the half-opened window.

What am I doing here?...

-Flashback-

I snatched the dagger from the giant and stabbed him on his chest. Then I quickly ran away from him to catch the Cromer midair which I was fortunately able to do.

I took a last glance of Hongjoong and then turned the Cromer upside down before smashing it on the ground. I put a hand over my eyes when the blinding lights filled the area.

-End of flashback-

What exactly happened back there?...

My hand subconsciously went to hold my necklace, but my neck felt empty. "My necklace..." I started to look around for it near the bed.

"...Looking for this?"

I quickly turned my head to the voice and saw Hongjoong standing near the door, showing me the butterfly necklace.

For a while, I wasn't able to believe if he was really there or it was just my illusion. I was still lost in thoughts when he came and sat at the edge of the bed in front of me.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked, putting the necklace on me. "I was so worried when I found out that you were at the hospital." He looked back at me when he was done before gently caressing my head. "It's a relief that you're okay." He smiled.

Is it for real?...

"I thought I may not be able to see you again," he continued. "But my fate brought me back to where you are...I don't exactly remember what happened after the Cromer was broken. But when I gained my consciousness, I found myself in your home."

I kept staring at him, still not able to believe my eyes. "And this..." He pointed to the bruises on his face. "My wounds won't get healed quickly anymore. Now I'm not the same Hongjoong I used to be...I've become a human."

My hand slowly went to caress his cheek, tears threatening to fall down. "It's not a dream, right?..."

"I'm not the protagonist of Aurora anymore. Now I'm just an ordinary human."

I broke into tears as I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. "I feel so relieved to see you again."

"Me too."

"...Yah, Han Jisoo!"

We quickly let go of each other on hearing the familiar voice and looked towards the source. Then I saw Yeonjoo running towards me followed by Seonghwa.

She quickly hugged me, sitting at the edge of the bed after pushing Hongjoong away. "Yah, do you know how much worried we were? I was scared to death!"

"But Yeonjoo...I can't breathe."

She didn't even realise that she was holding me so tightly. "Ah, sorry." She let go of me. "I just got too happy to see you after four months."

"What do you mean after four months?"

"The time when I told you to go back to Hongjoong and start anew, it's been four months since then. Then, out of the blue, I found you in your club room yesterday, unconsciously lying on the floor."

Four months have passed here?...

"But it's a relief that you okay." I turned my attention back to Yeonjoo. "I missed you so much." She pouted.

"You're right!" Seonghwa said. "We missed you so much, Jisoo." He was about to hug me when Hongjoong suddenly stopped him.

"You can just talk from there," Hongjoong said.

I chuckled when he tried a few more times to reach me, but Hongjoong wouldn't let him.

"Anyways, we missed both of you," Seonghwa said, defeated.

"Me too...It feels good, now that the four of us are together." I smiled at them.

All the tragic things that happened in the past, doesn't matter now. All that matters is that we are together again and everything thing is back to their respective places.

***

[A week later...]

"She's so lucky." I pouted, pointing at the girl in the comic book.

"How?" Hongjoong asked.

We were lying on the bed on our stomach and reading some random books.

"She got all she wished for like a miracle. It only happens in comics." Sighing, I laid back on the bed. "But..." I turned my head to look at him and smiled. "No other story can beat ours."

"You're right!"

"It still feels surreal that you're real and lying right next to me." I stared at the ceiling. "About 'Aurora'... Whenever I read it, I always wished it were real. I wished I too had a life like that... Childish, isn't it?" I chuckled. "To be honest, I wished that you were also real...I knew it was just a comic, but I didn't even realise when I fell for you. I remember each and every scene of Aurora; from the time you were struggling as an orphan to the moment you were misjudged for your cruel fate."

He was silently listening so I continued. "But throughout my difficult times, your songs kept me alive... Whenever I felt lonely, I would read the lyrics and go to sleep. I always thought, 'if the lyrics are this good, then how cool would the song be'." I finally looked back at him. "But now I'm very happy that you made me hear all those songs. You made my dream come true...Thank you Hongjoong, for coming into my life."

He too laid on the bed and faced me. "Then I want to thank you too... Thank you, Jisoo, for helping me change my fate. I'm so glad that it was you who changed it for me." He opened his arms. "Come here!"

I chuckled before cuddling with him. "It feels like our tragic story has finally ended with a happy ending."

"No, it hasn't ended yet." I looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows. "This was only the end of the beginning. Our real story starts from here; our sequel."

"A sequel?"

"Hm, where you and I will make a neverending festival. A night whеre even thе darkness sleeps, there will be an eternal sunshine."

I smiled. "Okay, let's make it the most memorable sequel." He nodded. "...Hongjoong-ah, I love you."

"I love you too, Jisoo-ya." I giggled before snuggling closer to him and closing my eyes.

We're here again in our own world. We don't know what's waiting ahead of us, but we're back together and that's enough.

To be continued...