Chapter 17 : Make It Right

Hongjoong's POV

"Jisoo will surely like this," I said, smiling at the photos that I took with the film camera.

I've been wanting to show them to her as soon as the photos got developed. And now I was waiting for her to get home.

"I just hope everything's fine with her and Yeonjoo."

I sighed and gathered the photos before putting them back into the envelope. Just then I heard the door being unlocked.

It must be Jisoo.

I quickly stood up and approached her with a smile. "You're here?" She just gave me a slight smile and went straight to the living room. "Is everything okay?" I asked as she kept her bag and phone on the coffee table.

She didn't look at me in the eyes. "Of course. Everything's fine."

Liar...

"What about–"

"I don't have an appetite so eat alone for today."

She was about to walk away when I grabbed her wrist. "Jisoo-ya..."

"Hongjoong-ah." She finally looked at me. "I want to be alone for some time." She removed my hand from her wrist. "I hope you understand."

I couldn't stop her from walking to her room after that. Her behavior started bothering me. She never behaved like this to me before.

I guess something must have happened to her in the university.

Just then I heard the vibration of a phone and realized it was Jisoo's, which she left on the coffee table. I picked it up and saw the texts from her group chat.

I can't believe he cheated on her.

How could she seduce her friend's boyfriend?

She's a traitor.

I didn't know she was like this.

That's her true colours.

I still can't believe it!

Her chats were flooding with these kinds of texts. "I don't understand why people have so much interest in other's lives." I looked at the closed door of Jisoo's room. "They bothered her a lot..."

I just can't stay still and watch her like that. I need to do something.

I kept the phone back on the table before grabbing my jacket and heading out of the house.

***

Jisoo's POV

It was already dinner time when I walked out of my room. I went to the living room and searched for Hongjoong who was nowhere to be seen.

"Did he go out?"

I sighed and picked up my phone from the coffee table. I was about to go back to my room when I smelled something being cooked. And then I saw Hongjoong coming out of the kitchen with a pot in his hands.

"Jisoo, you came out at the right time," he said when he noticed me standing there. "Let's eat this before it gets cold."

He kept the pot on the coffee table and gestured me to sit opposite to him. I didn't want to eat until I heard the grumble coming from my stomach.

The food smelled really tasty that I couldn't beat it. Giving in, I sat down across him as he quickly served me a bowl of ramyeon to me.

Just after I took my first bite, he spoke. "How's it? Is it good?"

I just gave him a glance before stuffing my mouth with more noodles. I didn't say and kept eating cause it was really delicious.

I noticed him staring at me while I was eating, but didn't mind it. I just wanted to think about the ramyeon I was eating at that moment.

***

"I'm full," I said, rubbing my belly.

"Me too," Hongjoong said.

"By the way, it was really delicious."

"Ah really?" He rubbed the back of his neck, smiling shyly.

"Yeah, I can eat it everyday."

"Then I'll cook for you everyday."

I chuckled. "I'd love that."

But the smile I had soon faded away when my gaze landed on my phone screen. To be more specific, the lockscreen wallpaper of me and Yeonjoo.

Would it have been better if I had told her the truth from the beginning?...

"Jisoo-ya..." I looked at back Hongjoong. "You might think I'm being nosy, but I think you should have a proper talk with Yeonjoo. Just be honest and tell her everything so you don't regret it later."

Perhaps, I still have a chance to fix the things...I should not let it go this time.

I gave him a smile. "Khumawo Hongjoong-ah."

"You should go." I nodded.

I stood up and grabbed my jacket before heading out. I quickly called Yeonjoo while running through the streets.

"Yeonjoo-ya, let's meet."

This time I won't mess things up again...

To be continued...