Chapter 29 : Butterfly

Jisoo's POV

I fell on the ground, crying hard. I regretted not telling him the things I wanted to. I regretted not telling him that I love him too.

I regret it...Hongjoong, please come back!...

Gasping, I flung my eyes open. I looked around and found myself lying on my bed. Soon I realized it was a dream and I could still feel the tears flowing out of my eyes.

Hongjoong...I need to find him!

Without wasting any more time, I jumped out of my bed and rushed out of my room. As soon as I entered the living room, my gaze landed on the person I was looking for, standing right next to the book shelves.

Hongjoong turned to face me when he noticed me. "Uh, you woke up?" But his expression quickly changed into a concerned look. "Jisoo-ya, you're crying?"

I couldn't hold back my tears anymore as I ran to him and hugged him tightly. I buried my face in his chest and sobbed. Without questioning anything, he too wrapped his arms around me.

I didn't say anything for a while as the thing which I needed the most at that moment, was his warm embrace. I didn't want to let him go just like it happened in the dream.

I can't express how relieved I was on realizing it was just a dream. That was when I decided not to hide my feelings anymore and be honest with myself. I thought I would regret it later if I don't do it now.

"Hongjoong-ah, I love you...Please don't disappear on me again." 

He pulled back after a while and wiped my tears away with his thumb. His gaze then landed on my lips and he slowly leaned in, making me feel his warm breath on my skin. 

I instantly closed my eyes when I felt his soft lips on mine. He kissed me gently, making my heart race like crazy. I subconsciously grabbed his sleeves and kissed him back after he pulled me closer by wrapping an arm around my waist.

That very moment felt like a dream. It felt as if I was a dream in another dream; the dream which I can never awake from.

***

"You must be scared by the nightmare," Hongjoong said.

Caressing my head, he smiled at me; the smile which I missed so much. It still felt surreal that he was sitting right next to me and looking at me lovingly, even though I hurt him so much.

"What are you thinking?" he asked in a soft voice.

"...How can you not hate me?" I said. "I hurt you and then you hold me close. If someone else was in your place, then he would have just left me that day."

"How can you hate someone you love so much?...I couldn't hate you, I was just upset. But now I know what you really meant back then...You said you don't like me, but you wanted to say you did. You told me to leave, but you needed me to stay."

(A/N : I need you to stay, need you to stay. Hey~ Stream 'Stay' cover by ATEEZ;)

He held my hands in his. I looked down at our hands and then back at him as he continued.

"Mianhae...For taking so long to realize it."

My eyes started to well up again on hearing his sincere words. I couldn't hold them back so he pulled me into a hug.

"Yah, how much are you going to cry?"

"I just...Very happy right now."

He pulled back and wiped the tears away with his thumb. "If you don't stop crying, then...I'll take photos of you to tease you later."

"You seriously!..."

"Now stop crying and give me a smile." He pouted. He looked so cute that I couldn't say no to him and did what he said. "That's my Jisoo! You look the prettiest when you smile."

I nudged him a little. "Yah, now stop with those cringey words."

"You like it though."

"Well, it's not that I hate it." I looked away, blushing hard.

Just then we heard the main door being unlocked. And within a few moments, I saw Yeonjoo and Seonghwa barging in to my house which made us stand up.

"Yah, Han Jisoo!" Seonghwa said in a hushed voice. "Hongjoong is gone missing since last night– Uh? Hongjoong, what are you doing here this early?"

Me and Hongjoong exchanged glances before looking back at them in confusion.

"You, by any chance..." Yeonjoo said. "SLEPT WITH JISOO?!"

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
So the long awaited kiss scene finally happened😏🤭

Author's Note :So the long awaited kiss scene finally happened😏🤭