Chapter 65 : Still Here

Jisoo's POV

I came back to the living room and stopped when my eyes met Dad's.

"What are you doing there?" he said. "Come and sit here! The food's getting cold."

I sighed internally before doing as he said. "Dad." He looked at me. "...Have you ever desired to live the life of a fictional character of any of your webtoons?"

"Umm, no."

"Waeyo?"

"Nobody can live in their world of imagination or illusion forever. They've to accept and face their reality... Instead of looking back at the painful past, they should look for the things that make them happy and lead their lives in a good way. Don't you think so?"

I tried my best to hold back my tears before looking back at him. "I will also do that...I'll let go of the painful things in my life and look for the things that make me happy."

He put down the chopsticks on the table, looking worried. "Wae? Is something wrong?"

"Dad, I'm sorry...I have to go." I stood up and rushed towards the main door.

"Where are you going?...Jisoo-ya!" I paused in my steps. "If you go out of that door, you may not be able to see me forever." I could also notice him sobbing behind me. "Why are you abandoning me?"

I turned back to face him, my tears not seeming to stop. "I am not."

"Jisoo-ya..." He came to me and held my hand. "Let's live here, the two of us. Uh?"

I gently pulled my hand back. "This isn't reality."

"What does it matter? Our family is happy here and it's all that matters. Why are you always trying to be by yourself? You Dad is here!"

I wiped my tears away. "I'm not alone... Hongjoong is always by my side."

"Please, Jisoo...Please!"

"...I believe in Hongjoong."

My heart was aching to see Dad in that state. But I tried to be strong before turning back and stepping out of the door into the blinding lights.

***

Hongjoong's POV

I was still looking down at our hands, patiently waiting for Jisoo to wake up. I sighed, closing my eyes.

Please!...Jisoo, please wake up...

"...Joong-ah."

Opening my eyes, I lifted up my head on hearing that voice. There I saw Jisoo looking at me with teary eyes.

"Jisoo-ya..." She sat up and I quickly pulled her into my arms, breaking into tears. "I knew you would make it back. I knew it!"

Soon after she pulled back. "I'm sorry, for coming back late."

"Aniya..." I wiped away her tears with my thumb. "Why are you sorry? I should be the one saying it."

She hugged me again. "I was very scared when I got the call. Later, I came to know that it was all the Android giant's doing."

"It's okay." I patted her back. "It's a relief that you didn't get hurt."

"We need to leave." Pulling back, we both turned to face my doppelganger. "Before the Android guardian comes chasing after us for the Cromer."

"H-How is he...?" Jisoo looked at me in shock.

"I'll tell you later. We need to leave this place quickly for the time being."

I helped Jisoo to stand up and then picked up the Cromer which was lying on top of a dusty wooden box.

Right then, an unknown voice came from outside. I grabbed Jisoo's hand and looked for the source. As the sound neared, the giant dressed in white suddenly appeared, breaking the warehouse door.

Glaring at the invader, I gently pulled Jisoo behind me as I noticed him looking at the Cromer in my other hand.

***

Jisoo's POV

My legs started to tremble when I saw the Android guardian who broke into the warehouse. I didn't know what to do next. But the thing I knew for sure was to not let the giant have the Cromer.

"I'll give you the Cromer!" Hongjoong suddenly shouted and threw what he had in his hand.

I was left in shock when he did that. It was the one and only way for us to go to back.

As the piece of glass flew away in an arc, the Android guardian ran towards it in haste. At the same time, Hongjoong yelled.

"RUN AWAY!"

***

Fortunately, we escaped from the warehouse, and thanks to Hongjoong's doppelganger we were able to find a safe place far away from there.

Panting heavily, I rested my palms on my knees as I was very tired of running so much. The other two were also the same.

"How long will he be distracted?" Hongjoong asked.

"Not for long," the fedora man answered. "He must have figured it out by now."

-Flashback-

"I'll give you the Cromer!" Hongjoong shouted.

I noticed him secretly exchange something with his doppelganger before throwing it away.

-End of flashback-

The thing which Hongjoong threw back there was a piece of glass similar to the Cromer, not the real Cromer.

"Can't we defeat him in any way?" Hongjoong said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"As far as I know, it has something to do with the Cromer."

"But what?" I finally said.

"We'll have to figure it out ourselves."

We were still in our hideout, an abandoned store house which had dusts and props all around. I was walking back and forth, thinking of ways to defeat our enemy, when Hongjoong suddenly spoke.

"What are these?!" Then my gaze landed on the thick chains wrapped around his legs. "These chains weren't here before...How did my legs get tangled in it?"

Those...

My eyes widened when I realised who was related to it. "It's-"

"The Android giant," the fedora man concluded.

To be continued...

***

Author's Note:
A surprise update 😉

Author's Note:A surprise update 😉