Chapter 30 : Real Identity

Jisoo's POV

"So you were at Seonghwa's place?" I glared at Hongjoong, folding my arms.

Hongjoong smiled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I had nowhere else to go."

"And I was worried that you might be roaming in the streets–"

"YAH!" Yeonjoo said, slamming her hand on the coffee table, making me and Hongjoong flinch a little. "I too get a say in this!"

"Yeonjoo-ya..." Seonghwa tried to calm her down.

She finally let out a deep sigh and folded her arms before speaking. "You two...Since when are you both living together?"

"It's been a while..." I said.

"Since he came from abroad?"

"Well..." I slightly nodded.

"And you didn't tell me till now? I told you not to keep any more secrets from me!"

"Mian." I pouted.

"You think that'll fix it all?"

"Yeonjoo-ya, don't be too mad. Huh?" Seonghwa said. "We eventually came to know about it."

"But still–" Yeonjoo sighed when she saw my puppy eyes. "Okay, I'll forgive you. But remember it's the last time I'm letting you go. Got it?"

"I got it, ma'am." I playfully bowed to her.

"I'm really going to kill you if you keep secrets with me again."

I think it's the right time to tell the truth about Hongjoong's real identity.

"I have one more thing to confess." I looked at Hongjoong, who nodded at me to go ahead, then back at the couple. "Hongjoong is not from our world."

***

"That's it for today. See you guys in the next lecture," professor Jung said.

"Kamsamida," we all said in unison and he left.

"Finally!" Yeonjoo said, leaning back on her chair. "I can go back home and sleep."

"Wae? Didn't you get to sleep yesterday?" I said.

"How could I sleep after the information you gave me?"

—Flashback—

"Are you in your right state of mind, Jisoo?" Yeonjoo said in disbelief. "You're telling me this Hongjoong..." She pointed to him who sat beside me. "And this Hongjoong..." She then pointed to the book that was kept in front of her on the coffee table. "Are the same person?!"

I nodded. "He's really the Kim Hongjoong of Aurora."

She looked back and forth between the sketch of Hongjoong in the book and the one who sat beside me.

"How could this...?" She trailed off as her brain couldn't process the data she just got.

Seonghwa just sat beside her, jaw almost dropped to the floor, while looking at the main character of the topic.

"But how did you come here?" he asked after coming back to his senses. "Are you a time-traveller?"

"I don't know how I got teleported here either, but I'm not a time- traveller," Hongjoong said.

They both kept bombarding Hongjoong with many more questions for what felt like hours as if they were holding an interview.

—End of flashback—

I laughed a bit. "You were even more shocked than me."

"Who won't be shocked to know that the protagonist of Aurora–" She looked around to make sure no one was listening to our talk and lowered her voice. "Will really pop out of the book one day?"

"You're the one who jinxed it."

She gasped. "Ah right!...But I still can't believe it!"

"Remember that you need to keep it a secret. Got it?" I picked up my bag and stood up.

"Of course! Don't worry about that." She too stood up and then we both headed towards the campus. "...You must be really lucky, Jisoo."

"Wae?"

"You got a guy straight out of a comic book." She nudged me a little to which I just blushed. "I only saw it in dramas, but I'd never imagined it could happen in real life...But I'm still curious about one thing."

"About what?"

"Is it okay for Hongjoong to live in this world? I mean, this is a whole new world for him and his loved ones might be worried for him there."

I frowned a little on hearing that. She was right and I never thought about what would happen to the other supporting characters if Hongjoong stays here forever.

The fate of the supporting characters is to revolve around the protagonist and help them to reach the goal of the story. But what will happen to them when there is no protagonist in the story?

They'll have no reason to exist, right?...

"I'm going to get bored now," Yeonjoo said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "It'll take a whole hour for Hwa's lecture to end." She pouted.

"I'll stay with you then," I said. "I don't have any plans anyways."

"It'd be great–" She suddenly smirked as if she saw something nice behind me. I was about to follow her gaze, but she held my shoulders and stopped me from turning back. "Ah right! I almost forgot I had to be somewhere."

"You just told you don't have anything to do."

"But now I have. Wait a minute!" She started to fix my hair.

"What are you doing?" I tried to stop her.

"Just stay still." She then quickly took out a lip tint from her bag and applied it on my lips. "Let's see..." I looked at her in confusion as she inspected me from head to toe. "Okay, nice!"

"What was that?"

"You'll thank me for this later. I need to go now. Have fun!" She winked at me before quickly walking away.

I just stood there dumbfounded by her actions. "I'm friends with her for seven years, but I don't understand her sometimes." I shook my head.

Just then my phone vibrated indicating an incoming call. A smile quickly crept upon my face on reading the caller ID.

"Uh, Hongjoong-ah."

"Turn back."

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
Happy Atiny Day guys~❤️

Author's Note :Happy Atiny Day guys~❤️