Chapter 5 : Double Date

Hongjoong's POV

"Ah, I don't want to," Jisoo whinned.

"Ah, wae? What's wrong with watching a movie together?" Yeonjoo said.

"If I knew you would bring me here, then I would have ran away."

"Jisoo, you're no fun. We're on double dates, this is the best way to spend time together."

"What? Double date?! I would rather spend time on making songs. I'm leaving."

Jisoo was about to walk away but Seonghwa stopped her by blocking her way.

"Yah, you can't go now," he said. "I already bought the tickets and popcorn for us."

"Yeah. So now stop whining and let's head inside. The movie's going to start."

"Yeonjoo, I–"

"Ah, jebal~" Yeonjoo pouted and showed her puppy eyes.

Jisoo sighed. "...Araseo! Now stop making that face, it's cringey."

Yeonjoo smiled widely. "Jisoo-ya, you're the best! Let's go!"

They both walked away, holding hands while Seonghwa followed them. I stood there and stared at them for a while.

I envy her. She has such good friends.

"Kim Hongjoong, aren't you coming?" Seonghwa shouted, bringing me back to my senses.

"I am!" I ran to them.

***

Jisoo's POV

I can't say no to Yeonjoo and she knows it. After all, she's my best friend and the one I cherish a lot.

We entered the hall and headed towards our seats. Seonghwa and Yeonjoo both sat on my left, and Hongjoong on my right.

I just grabbed the bucket of popcorn and started eating. I was hungry anyway.

Soon the movie started and guess what, it was a horror movie. I flinched a couple of times when the ghosts popped out of nowhere followed by some screams from the other people who were also there.

I turned my head to look at Hongjoong, just to find him sleeping peacefully which made me shake my head.

How can he peacefully sleep during a movie?

Then my gaze landed on the couple sitting beside me. Yeonjoo was leaning on Seonghwa's shoulder as he caressed her head to calm her down. I also noticed them holding hands tightly, intertwining the fingers. I slightly smiled and turned my attention back to the screen.

It's already been four years since that incident. I shouldn't be thinking about the past...I should be happy as long as she is.

***

Hongjoong's POV

"Yah, wasn't that movie so scary?" Yeonjoo said. "My heart was about to explode." We were at a nearby shop, waiting for our food.

"Me too, me too!" Jisoo said. "Especially the part in the train. I literally got goosebumps."

"Yeah, that was so scary! But I watched it all. Right?"

"Yeah."

"By the way, Hongjoong..." Yeonjoo looked at me, making the other two do the same. "How could you sleep during a movie?"

"Ah, I don't know either...It's a habit I guess." I rubbed the back of my neck.

I heard Jisoo chuckle when I said that. "He always does that." Just then our food arrived. "Let's eat before it gets cold."

As soon as I tasted a piece of tteokbokki, I felt my mouth burning with it's spiciness. I drank some water but it was of no use. It was still very spicy for me.

"Here," Jisoo said, passing me a glass of milk. "You can't eat spicy things."

She smiled and went back to chat with her friends. I looked at the glass of milk before looking back at her again.

She knows me well, but I don't know anything about her...

"Eat up," Seonghwa said, feeding Yeonjoo a piece of tteokbokki.

I cringed at it and looked away. Then my gaze landed on Jisoo who was looking back and forth between them. She seemed a little uncomfortable with it.

"Is it good?" Seonghwa said before getting a nod from Yeonjoo as an answer. "...You got the sauce on you lips." He quickly picked up a tissue paper and wiped it away for her.

I was now cringing at my maximum level. "How can you two do that right in front of my salad?!" They both just giggled.

"Yeah, get a room you two," Jisoo added. "I'm watching this for three years but I'm still not used to it." She shook her head before sipping her drink.

To be continued...