Chapter 66 : Stay Alive

Jisoo's POV

"What are these?!" Hongjoong said, making me look at the thick chains wrapped around his legs. "These chains weren't here before...How did I get tangled in them?"

Those...

My eyes widened when I realised who was related to it. "It's-"

"The Android giant," the fedora man concluded.

I was still looking at him in shock when Hongjoong suddenly fell hard on the ground. And soon after started to get dragged away by those chains.

 And soon after started to get dragged away by those chains

"Hongjoong!"

I quickly ran to him and grabbed his hand, pulling him. The fedora man did the same too.

"Don't let go!" I made my grip tighter.

We we're still trying our best not to let Hongjoong get dragged away when he said the words which caught me off guard.

"Run away!" He threw the Cromer to me. "Go back to your world!"

"What?...Are you crazy?! I won't go anywhere without you!"

"Please take her back," he said to the fedora man. "I beg you!" He squirmed his hand out of my grip. "Hurry up and go!"

"Yah, Kim Hongjoong!"

"Let's escape from here," the fedora man said, holding me back.

Tears started to stream down my eyes as I saw Hongjoong getting dragged away. "...I won't! I won't go anywhere without taking Hongjoong with me... Let go of me! Let go!"

I broke away from the fedora man's hold and ran towards Hongjoong with the Cromer. By the time I reached there, I saw the giant looking at Hongjoong who was kneeling down in front of him.

"Yah, Kim Hongjoong!" I shouted.

He quickly turned back on hearing my voice, shocked. "Jisoo, what are you doing here?"

I wiped my tears away. "How can you just tell me to leave? I'm not gonna make it alone!"

"I told you to leave- Ugh!"

I gasped when the giant suddenly punched him in the stomach, making him fall down.

"Joong-ah!" I ran to him and helped him to sit up.

"I don't have leisure time to watch your drama. Give the Cromer when I'm being nice. Or else I can do it in another way...Even if it means to kill you both."

We exchanged glances as I secretly handed the Cromer to Hongjoong before turning back to face the giant.

"I'll do as you say," I said, shielding Hongjoong. "But only on one condition."

"What is it?"

"You have to promise that you won't do anything to Hongjoong. You'll leave him alone."

I kept looking straight at the giant, hoping that he would stay distracted by me while the fedora man does his part.