Chapter 59 : Promise

Hongjoong's POV

Still in shock, I kept looking at the yellow smoke spreading everywhere as I stood by the window with Jisoo and the man in black fedora.

"That yellow smoke..." he said. "The people who get intoxicated by it start to get delusional. They think of the illusion as the reality."

I felt a tight squeeze on my hand so I turned to look at Jisoo who was almost in tears. I could also sense the fear in her eyes.

"My part here is done," he said, making me turn back to face him. "And...Take descisions wisely, before it's too late." He turned back on his heels and started to walk away.

"Wait a minute!" He paused in his steps. "You didn't answer one thing... Who are you? What is your real identity?"

He always had a mask on whenever we met and even now. I wondered why he always covers his face.

He just turned his head to the side before answering. "I'll tell you when the right time comes...And no matter what happens, don't ever get intoxicated by that smoke. It can get really dangerous at times."

"Wait!" I was about to get a hold of him when he just disappeared in the blink of an eye.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration as I looked at the Cromer which was kept on the coffee table and sighed.

"What do we do now?..." I turned to face Jisoo who was in tears. "What if we get intoxicated by that yellow smoke? Will we forget our memories forever?"

"Jisoo, first calm youself down. Come here!" I made her sit on the couch and crouched in front of her, holding her hands. "Don't cry..." I wiped her tears away with my thumb. "Everything will be okay. Trust me!"

"And the Android giant...He might come after us anytime."

"I'm right here! I'll protect you! Don't worry."

She looked down at our hands. "...It's my fault. It's all my fault!...If I hadn't brought you to my world, all of this wouldn't have happened in the first place." She broke into tears again. "It's all because of me!"

"No, Jisoo, it's not!" I sat beside her and pulled her into my arms. "Don't blame yourself for it...It's not your fault!"

"Hongjoong, I'm scared..." She sobbed, buring her face in my chest. "I'm afraid of losing you again."

"I'll not let that happen." I tried my best to hold back the tears that were forming in my eyes. "I won't go anywhere. I promise I'll never leave you alone. Don't worry."

I don't know what awaits me in the future. But the only thing I know is to be prepared to face whatever it maybe. Because I've promised to protect Jisoo till the end...

***

"Where am I?..."

When I gained my consciousness, I found myself standing in a dark place in which a bright ray of light was coming from far away. Without even realising, I found myself subconsciously walking towards it.

The light grew brighter as I neared it. And when I finally crossed it, I realised that I was standing in a big room. It felt more like a room of an old abandoned museum with tall pillars on the four sides.

It was completely lit by the moonlight falling from the cracked ceiling. And in the very middle of the room, there stood a large cage made of glass in which thick fog was trapped.

 And in the very middle of the room, there stood a large cage made of glass in which thick fog was trapped

"Save me!..."

I heard a voice say from the cage and then I spotted someone imprisoned inside it. Soon I realised that the person caged inside it was none other than the man in the black fedora.

I was about to walk towards it when I woke up, gasping. I looked around and found myself sitting on the couch with Jisoo in my arms.

The Android guardian has captured the black fedora man?

I looked at Jisoo who was still sleeping while leaning on me. It was already midnight when I checked the time. I debated with myself for a while before coming to the descision to go and save the man in the black fedora.

I carefully laid Jisoo on the bed and tucked her under the blanket. "Jisoo, I'm sorry..."

I gently planted a kiss on her forehead and took a last glance of her face before standing up. I took a deep breath and headed out of the house with a gas mask.

To be continued...