Chapter 41 : Destiny Part.2

Jisoo's POV

I took a shower and came back to the living room. Just as I sat on the couch, my gaze landed on the hourglass kept beside my bag on the coffee table. I picked it up and inspected it.

—Flashback—

I was still walking by the streets when I saw some of the apples falling off from the wooden trolley which an old man was pushing. I quickly went to pick up the apples and kept them back in his trolley.

"Aigoo, thank you young lady," he said, flashing me a smile.

"It's nothing. Go safely." I bowed to him and was about to walk away when he stopped me.

"Excuse me, young lady!" I turned to face him. "...You can't escape your fate whatever you try."

"Nae?" I looked at him in confusion as I couldn't get what he was saying.

"Take this." He then handed me a weird piece of glass which looked like a small hourglass. "You'll need it."

I looked down at the thing in my hand, not able to figure out what would I do with it.

Why would I need an hourglass when we have digital clock nowadays?

"Halabeoji (Grandpa), please take it back– Uh? Where did he go?"

When I looked up, he was nowhere to be found as if he just disappeared into thin air.

—End of flashback—

"What do I do with it now?..." I sighed.

I stood up and went to the book shelves to keep the hourglass there for the time being. I was making some space for it when a diary fell down from its place.

I kept the hourglass on the shelf and picked up the diary I dropped. Then I noticed the initials 'HJ' written on the below right corner of it. I brought the diary with me and sat down in front of the couch.

When I went through it, I came to find out that Hongjoong had written all his happy moments in it. All the memories started to flash one by one in my mind as I read each page.

I also found an envelope inside it in which several photos were kept. And soon I realized they were the photos which he took from his film camera. I took them out and admired each one of them.

 I took them out and admired each one of them