Chapter 42 : Gone

Jisoo's POV

My eyes widened on seeing Hongjoong right in front of my eyes. For a while, I was confused whether it was a dream, reality or an illusion.

But even if it's a dream, I won't let this opportunity go waste.

With that thought in my mind, I quickly stood up and ran to catch the bus.

"PLEASE STOP THE BUS!...AHJUSSI, PLEASE STOP THE BUS!..."

But the driver didn't seem to hear me. So I tried to run as fast as my feet could until I got tripped and fell down.

"Ah!"

I hurt my knee, but didn't care about it. The most important thing for me now was to reach Hongjoong. I somehow stood up and was going to run again when I found out the bus was already gone.

"Ah, jinjja!..."

I was still catching up my breath when I heard the gossip of the two girls that were passing by me.

"Did you watch Sparkle's new mv?"

(A/N : Another Sparkle cameo. Lol. I always use 'Sparkle' coz I can't think of any other name for a fictional group:)

"Of course! The song is so catchy that I can't stop myself from watching it."

"The mv reached seventy million in the first twenty four hours."

"I know, right? Sparkle is even in the top ten of Priceboard chart. No other artist in Wonderland is as famous as them."

Sparkle? Wonderland?...No way!...

"Excuse me..." I said, making the two girls pause in their steps and and turn to face me. "Can you please tell me which place is this?"

"It's Utopia," one of them said.

"Utopia?!"

"Nae." She nodded.

"Are you sure this is Utopia?"

"You must be new to this place. Yes, this is Utopia, the capital of Wonderland." After saying that, they walked away.

Wait a minute! Utopia is the place where Hongjoong lives, according to Aurora.

"That means now I'm..." I gasped. "I'M INSIDE THAT COMIC?!"

I quickly covered my mouth and bowed to the people who were nearby. They would probably be thinking I'm some psycho to shout in the middle of the street.

"I can even come inside the book? But how?..."

But it also means that the Hongjoong I saw in the bus was not an illusion...So I still have a chance to meet him once again.

With that thought in my mind, I tried to remember the route to Hongjoong's studio as it was the most probable place to search for him first.

I had to run all the way to his studio. Facing some difficulties with the directions, I was finally able to reach his agency building.

"KQ Entertainment! This is it!"

I was about to head inside, but stopped when a thought came to my mind.

Will he recognize me? What if he doesn't?...

I tried to shake all the negetive thoughts off my mind and walked inside the building. I've already seen the route to his room in the book so it wasn't that difficult for me to find it. Luckily, I didn't meet any staff on the way which made it easier for me.

When I finally reached the studio, I let out a deep breath before twisting the door knob. But soon after I realized that the door was locked from outside which meant he wasn't in his studio.

I thought he would surely be here. But I guess I was wrong. Frowning, I headed towards the exit of the building.

"If he's not here, then I should look for him at his place."

I was about to run when someone suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me into his embrace.

"Be careful!..." I gasped a little. "You almost got hit."

This voice...

When I looked up, I came to realize it was the same person I expected it to be.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I couldn't help myself from wrapping my arms around Hongjoong tightly. We stayed like that for a while without saying anything.

"Yah, do you know how much I missed you?" I said, tears threatening to fall. "I was a mess after you left."

I feel relieved to see him once again after what felt like years.

I thought I could finally be with the one I love the most and be happy again. But little did I know that the reality would hit me this hard.

"Excuse me!" He pulled himself away from me. "What are you doing?"

I was perplexed by his actions. "What do you mean?...Do you not recognize me? It's me, Jisoo. Han Jisoo."

"I don't know you."

My heart broke into millions of pieces after hearing that. I used to cry everyday on remembering him while he just forgot everything about me.

The one with whom I spent the most precious moments of my life...That Kim Hongjoong is gone.

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
Merry Christmas & happy holidays~ And don't forget to take care of yourself first. ILY❤️

 ILY❤️