Chapter 6 : Friends

Jisoo's POV

"I enjoyed a lot today," Yeonjoo said. "We should do this again. What do you think?"

It was already 9:43 pm when we were heading back home. And my feet were wearing out from walking so much.

"Yah, you think you have so much of free time?" I said. "Did you forget about the assignments?"

"Ah, right..." She pouted. "I think I'll not be able to sleep for a few days."

"Me too." I sighed.

"Yeonjoo, I'll walk you home," Seonghwa said.

"Okay." Yeonjoo nodded. "Annyeong Hongjoong. Jisoo, give me a call when you reach home."

"Uh. Go back safely." I waved at them.

They too waved at us before walking away. I sighed before turning to face Hongjoong.

"We should also get going." He nodded.

We walked side by side on the streets with a pin drop silence. I couldn't take it anymore so I thought to start a conversation.

"I–" we both said at the same time.

"You can go first," I said.

"Ah...I wanted to say, I enjoyed a lot today."

"That's good to hear."

"You're friends are very nice. I didn't feel as if I was meeting them for the first time."

I smiled, looking to the front. "Yeah, they were like that too when I first met them in high school..."

—Flashback—

I was sitting at my desk, looking around the classroom. Some of the kids were in the room, but they were busy doing their own things.

It was my first day in that school so I felt a little lonely. I was a complete outsider so it was very difficult for me to even talk to others.

"This time too I won't be able to make any friends..." I sighed and put my head down on the desk.

Just then I heard a knock on my desk. I lifted my head up and saw a pretty girl standing in front of me.

"You're Han Jisoo, right?" she said.

"Uh...Wae?"

"Annyeong, I'm Kim Yeonjoo." She extended her hand for me to shake. "Can I be your friend?" She gave me a smile.

I stared her for a while, a little surprised because no one did this before to me. No one approached me with a warm smile like hers.

It'll will be different this time I guess...

I smiled back and shook hands with her. "Sure."

—End of flashback—

"And from that day, we became best friends," I continued. "Were were inseparable in our school days. She used to notice it first whenever I felt down and always tried to cheer me up. That's why I cherish her a lot...We used to skip our school sometimes and go to arcades or coin karaoke. I miss the good old days, the carefree days."

I felt nostalgic on recalling the good memories of our teenage. It was a little hard to manage everything at that age, but I think we enjoyed our life to the fullest. Those were the most beautiful moments of our lives.

"I'm so jealous..." I looked at Hongjoong. "I wish I had friends like you too."

I chuckled. "Now you have. They've already accepted you as a friend."

"Ah really?"

"Of course. You're also a part of our circle now."

"I guess I'm lucky then." I looked back to the front. "...But when did you meet Seonghwa?"

"Well..."

—Flashback—

It was PE class and all the kids were playing dodge ball except me. I wasn't felling well so I sat alone at the back.

"My stomach hurts so much...Is it that time already?" I mumbled to myself.

Then I felt the weird yet familiar feeling which every girl would understand very well.

I need to go to washroom...

I stood up and was about to walk away from my seat when a thought stuck me, the thought of my pants getting stained. And in that condition, I would never want to move an inch from my position.

I continuously cursed myself in my mind for being so careless about that time of the month.

"Ah, what do I do now?!..."

I wanted to call Yeonjoo who was playing far away with others, but the problem was how. If I go there, everyone would see my condition, even the boys. I was totally helpless then.

I'm doomed!

"Excuse me..."

I lifted my head up to the soft voice and saw a boy standing in front of me, looking a little concerned.

"I think you need it," he continued, offering me his jacket.

"Ah..."

I was stuck between two thoughts; if I should accept his jacket and quickly rush to the washroom or to wait for Yeonjoo till the PE class to end.

I was about to speak when he suddenly wrapped the jacket around my waist and secured it with a knot.

"You shouldn't walk around like that."

"...T-Thank you so much."

I couldn't even say that properly as I was blushing hard at that moment. And in between that, I was able to take a look at his name tag.

Park Seonghwa...

"Don't mention it," he said, making me look at him and gave me a sweet smile before getting back to his group to play.

I was really grateful to him for saving me that day which also made me think of him in a different way.

—End of flashback—

"Somewhere around that time..." I said. "Yeonjoo was already friends with him so that's how we too became friends."

"Ah, I see...I've one more thing to tell you." I nodded for him to continue. "That's..."

To be continued...