Chapter 58 : Answer

Hongjoong's POV

-Flashback-

Smiling, I held Jisoo's hand and intertwined the fingers. "Let's go." She nodded.

We had just taken some steps forward when I saw something that made me stop in my tracks. The smile which I had soon faded away.

I grabbed her hand tightly as I glared at the white clad giant. And I could feel him smirk from behind his mask of chains.

"Hongjoong, what's wrong?" I heard her say.

"Stay behind me. He can–"

When I looked back to the front the giant wasn't there anymore as if he just disappeared into thin air.

-End of flashback-

"Joong-ah!" Jisoo waved her hand in front of his face, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Is something wrong? You seem to keep spacing out since we came back home."

"Ah...I just feel a little tired today," I answered.

"Is that so?" She pouted.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine after some rest."

"Then..." She smiled. "I'll cook something for you. Nothing's better than good food when you feel low...I'll be quick." I nodded.

She stood up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen. I sighed heavily when she was gone.

So the warning was right. But the person who gave the warning...Who could it be?...

"Ah!" I quickly rushed to the kitchen on hearing Jisoo's voice.

"Jisoo-ya, are you okay?" I asked, inspecting her.

"I'm okay. My index finger accidentally got cut while cutting the meat."

"You should have been careful." I quickly wrapped a couple of tissue papers around her finger.

"Don't worry. It'll automatically get healed anyways. Look..." She removed the tissue from her finger. "Uh? This..." She was also surprised to see her unhealed wound.

"Why isn't it healing?" I said, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't know either. It wasn't like this last time..."

The bleeding didn't stop for a while. And I started to have an uneasy feeling about it.

"Does it mean..." She looked back at me.

Please say that it's not what I'm thinking...

"It means that you're no longer immortal in this world."

We quickly turned to face the unfamiliar voice and saw a mysterious man standing some distance away from us.

The man took some steps towards us and I finally realised who it was. "You..."

It was none other than the man in black fedora who once helped me to save Jisoo from getting into an accident.

"The plot of Aurora has changed again," he exclaimed.

I exchanged glances with Jisoo before looking back at the black fedora man in shock.

***

It was an unbelievable dream to hear about the various dimensions from the man wearing a black fedora and to see the Cromer (hourglass) in my hand

It was an unbelievable dream to hear about the various dimensions from the man wearing a black fedora and to see the Cromer (hourglass) in my hand. Jisoo who was looking at me had the same expression.

"Now you've become one of the main characters of Aurora," the man in black fedora said, looking at Jisoo.

"What?..." she said. "But how?"

"It happened when Hongjoong came to remember you...But you can go back to your world if you want with the help of Cromer I gave you."

"So the old man who gave me the Cromer...It was you?!"

"You're right. But if you get shot here, you'll die."

My mind was in a turmoil because of the things I was coming to know about. I also had a lot to ask, but wasn't able to understand where to begin with.

"But that's not the problem here." I looked back at the man who sat in front of me on the chair. "The main problem is that the Android giant, the one whom you call the white clad giant, is back...And from your expressions, Hongjoong, I guess you've already encountered him."

"The Android giant? When did you see him?" Jisoo asked me.

"Today near the agency, when you came to pick me up," I said.

"That's why you just dragged me away from there?" I slightly nodded. "And I knew nothing about it."

"This is not the time to feel guilty or regret anything." We turned our attention back to the fedora man. "The Android giant is going to turn this dimension into his world soon; the Strictland."

"Strictland?" I said. "What does that mean?"

"The central government of our world established a stable future policy for the entire human race by running AI simulations. They put the blame on human emotions for causing crimes and terrorism that threaten humanity. So the key to their policy was to control the variables called human emotions."

"But there won't be any meaning of humans without emotions."

"That's right. Consequently, the central government had achieved high growth under the strong control policy and people enjoyed material affluence. However, laughter disappeared from their faces and only efficiency and logic became the priority in the society."

"Nobody raised their voice to stop it?"

"I did!...Me and my men were able to attract people by singing and performing. People from various fields formed a resistance against the central government and called themselves the 'Black Pirates'."

"Did you succeed?" Jisoo asked.

"...Unfortunately, no. The central government put me and my men on the wanted list. But they've repeatedly failed to arrest us due to us being able to teleport using the Cromer. And now they want to make a Strictland here too."

"...But why us?!" I said, standing up from the couch. "We just wanted to live a normal life. Then why, out of all the people, are we the ones getting more affected by it?"

"That's your fate!...You'll soon come to know why it is you." He stood up and walked towards the window. "Come and have a look! It has already started."

Me and Jisoo exchange glances before doing what he said. My jaw dropped when I looked out of the window. I wasn't able to believe what I just saw.

What will happen to us now?...Will we be able to survive this fever dream?

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
ATEEZ is finally coming back on July, so prepare yourself!!!

And their theories are no joke! You can get to know more about the story from their albums (diary ver.) or you can just search "Bookish Theories" channel on YouTube. She has a lot of videos on Ateez's whole concept. She also makes theory videos of many other groups too. So if you want you can check that out too.

Have a nice day~❤️