Chapter 9 : Weekend

Jisoo's POV

I let out a sigh and walked towards him with a slight smile on my face.

Hongjoong stood straight when he noticed me coming. "Jisoo, you're here?" He gave me his usual smile which melts my heart.

"What are you doing here?" I stopped in front of him.

"I just came out to get some fresh air."

"Let's go." We started to walk beside each other towards the gate of my house.

"To be honest, I was worried for you..." I paused in my track. "I was about to go to your university to look for you."

I internally sighed before speaking. "Don't get worried or come to look for me."

I don't know why, but I feel as if I don't mean it...

I noticed him frowning on hearing it so I tried to change the topic. "Did you eat?"

"Ah, of course!" Just then I heard the grumble coming from his stomach.

"Guess not." I chuckled. "I bought some take-outs on my way. Let's quickly eat."

We both sat opposite to each other at the coffee table to have our dinner. I passed him his plate of Aglio-e-olio.

"Thanks for the food," he said and started eating.

I just chuckled, looking at him as he stuffed his mouth with food. "Eat slowly or else you'll get indigestion."

I don't know why, but I'm starting to like his presence around me...

***

Hongjoong's POV

[A week later...]

"Here's your order, sir." I passed him his drink. "Have a nice day, sir."

Working at a cafe is not that bad. I enjoyed my time here. And the coworkers are also nice, they helped me when I needed it.

"Kim Hongjoong," the owner called me. So I went to where she was standing.

"Nae?"

"Here's your pay." She extended her hand, holding an envelope.

"But I was told to get my pay after working for a month."

"Keep it. It's for your hard work." She handed me the envelope.

"Kamsamida." I bowed a little to her.

"Good work." By saying that, she left.

Soon after finishing my shift, I headed back home, thinking about Jisoo on my way. Things were going as usual for us, both busy with our own work.

Today, too, I waited for her not under the lamp post, but at the entrance of the alleyway. I noticed the lamp post there was out of order so I contacted the ward office to repair it.

Today, too, Jisoo came dragging her feet, but gave me her prettiest smile when our eyes met. And when I asked her if she was tired, she denied it. But I knew she meant the opposite.

There's a lot more about her which I'm curious about, but I'm waiting for her to let me know those. I want to get to know her slowly.

"Finally, it's the weekend!" Jisoo said, plopping on the couch. "I can do whatever I want!"

"You can finally sleep well."

"Exactly! I even got dark circles. I must look horrible." I just chuckled, sitting beside her. "How's your day?"

"Just as usual...Ah right! I got my first pay today."

"Ooooo...Kim Hongjoong, I'm proud of you!" She gave me a thumb's up.

"Khumawo." I blushed at her compliment. "By the way..."

"Hm?"

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?"

She leaned back on the couch and thought for a while. "Yeonjoo and Seonghwa would probably be going on dates...No, I don't. Wae?"

"Then hang out with me...Just the two of us."

"Only you and me?" I nodded. "...Sure, let's do that. I wanted a break anyways. Where do you want to go?"

"Well..." I just smiled, leaving her in confusion.

***

Jisoo's POV

"Woah! They have so many of them," I said, looking around the vintage shop Hongjoong brought me to.

"I wanted to buy a film camera so I looked it up and found this shop," he said.

"I didn't know such places still existed."

"Nice, isn't it?" I nodded. "Which one should I take?"

I scanned the cute and tiny film cameras kept nicely in the display. "What about the this one? Or that one?" I pointed to them.

 "What about the this one? Or that one?" I pointed to them

(A/N : Hongjoong's film camera...)

He picked the second one I suggested and studied it. "It looks okay." He held it in front of eyes as if he was going to take a picture of me.

"What are you doing?" I said.

"I just got something really beautiful to take a picture of."

I chuckled. "You and your cheesy lines."

"Stay here, I'll go and pay for it." I nodded and he left.

I turned my attention back to the cameras in the display while waiting for him. He came back after a while with the paper bag in his hand.

"Where do you want to go next?" he asked.

"Well..." Now it was his turn to look at me in confusion.

To be continued...