Chapter 45 : Anyone

Hongjoong's POV

I sipped my americano as I walked towards my studio. I twisted the door knob, but found that it was locked from inside.

"Ah, right! The barefoot girl." So I knocked on the door. "It's me, Hongjoong. Can I come in?"

I knocked again and waited for a while, but still there wasn't any reply from inside. I thought she'd be still asleep so I took out the key from my pocket and unlocked the door.

When I went inside, I didn't find her there. "Did she leave?..." I sighed.

—Flashback—

"I'll get going now," I said, making her look at me. "Sleep tight."

I stood up from my chair and headed towards the door. I was about to walk out of the studio when she stopped me.

"Wait!" I turned back to face her. She seemed to hesitate a little before speaking. "You too...Sleep tight."

I nodded a little and walked out of the room before closing the door behind me. I leaned back on the wall beside the door and let out a sigh.

"Why do I feel like she wanted me to stay a little longer?" I mumbled to myself.

I looked at the door and stayed there for a while as I could hear her sobs.

—End of flashback—

Why do I feel a little disappointed to not see her again?...

Just then my cellphone vibrated, bringing me back to my senses. I quickly picked it up.

"Uh, Yunho-ya."

"Hyung, you didn't forget to grab a meal together, right?"

"Of course not. I'll be right there."

"See you later, hyung."

"Uh." I hung up the call.

I closed the door and headed out of the building. I was near the convenience store of my agency when I ran into the person I didn't want to.

"Kim Hongjoong," Somin said. "Let's have a talk."

***

Jisoo's POV

"Good work," I said.

Everyone simultaneously left the club room. I had a lot to think about so I stayed back. I picked up Aurora from the table which Yeonjoo gave me earlier at the cafeteria.

"Did I really go inside the book? I still can't believe it..."

—Flashback—

"Jisoo-ya..." I looked at Yeonjoo. "I've something to tell you."

"I too have something to tell you." I put my drink back on the table. "I had a dream yesterday...About Hongjoong."

"Dream about him?"

I nodded. "Yesterday when I went back to home..."

I told her everything; how I met Hongjoong in his world and that he didn't remember anything about me.

"Funny, isn't it?...After so long I had a dream about him in which he forgot everything about me."

"Are you sure it was just a dream?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Take at look at it." She passed me Aurora. "You'll know if it was really a dream or reality."

I picked up the book and went through it. My eyes widened as each page passed, describing all the things that happened to me and Hongjoong. That was when I came to realize that I really went inside the book, just like how Hongjoong came out of it.

"But how can the story suddenly change like this again? Everything was back to the way it used to be after Hongjoong left."

"I too was shocked when I first saw that... Jisoo-ya, I think you still have a chance to go to him."

"But he doesn't remember anything at all. It was really painful for me when he was around."

"Look, it's not too late to start over again. Find a way to go back there. My gut feeling says he'll surely come to remember you." I didn't say anything for a while. "...You're going to give up just because he doesn't remember you?"

—End of flashback—

"No, I won't. I love him cause I can't give up on him...I'll make my own rule and no one can change it, not anyone."

I kept the book back on the table and picked up my bag. I was fishing out my cellphone when my hand touched a familiar object. I took it out and realized it was none other than the hourglass.

"When did I put it in my bag?" Just then a weird thought struck my mind. "No way..."

—Flashback—

I was making some space for the hourglass on the book shelf when Hongjoong's diary fell down from it's place. I didn't even noticed that I kept the hourglass upside down before picking up the diary.

—End of flashback—

"Did it really...?"

I took a deep breath before keeping the hourglass upside down on the table. The sand started to flow down slowly inside it.

Please work, please...Please...

When I opened my eyes after a while, I found myself in a different place. It took me a few moments to realize that I was standing in front of Hongjoong's agency.

A big smile crept upon my face. "I made it!"

I was about to head inside, but stopped when I heard a familiar voice which made my heart skip a beat.

"Han Jisoo..." I turned back and saw Hongjoong walking towards me.

I made a new rule in my mind; we're the two main characters of our story without any supporting actors. Even if we're from two different worlds, no one can break this rule. No one can break us apart, not anyone...

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :

This chapter was inspired by "Anyone" by Seventeen. I really love this song and the lyrics fit the story well.

 I really love this song and the lyrics fit the story well