Chapter 31 : Time Of Love

Jisoo's POV

"Turn back."

"Hm?" I was a little confused, but did as Hongjoong said.

As soon as I turned back, I spotted him standing some distance away from me. He waved at me, flashing his beautiful smile when our eyes met.

It reminded me of the past when he unexpectedly showed up in front me. Back then he was just the protagonist of Aurora to me, but now he's my everything. My heart did the same thing, that it did that day, on seeing him now.

Smiling widely, I jogged to him as he opened his arms for me. He hugged me tightly when I crashed into his arms. I wasn't able to contain my happiness as his embrace felt so warm and safe at the same time.

He pulled back after a while and caressed my head. "You worked hard."

"You too." I then noticed he did a different hair style today; hair up instead of hair down which he usually does. "By the way, you look good today."

"Only today?" He gave me a playful glare.

I chuckled. "Okay, you look good everyday. My bad." He looked satisfied after hearing it.

Him and his cheesy lines...

"Let's go." He grabbed my hand, intertwining the fingers. "I'll take you somewhere nice."

I blushed hard, realizing that it's our first date. "...Where?"

"Just somewhere." He just winked at me.

***

Hongjoong's POV

"Woah, Kim Hongjoong!" Jisoo said. "You're really good at taking pictures." She handed me back the film camera.

"I told you I'm good at all positions," I said and smirked.

She giggled and turned her attention back to the cherry blossom tree above her. She must be tired from her lectures so I thought to bring her here for healing.

The whole path was beautifully guarded by cherry blossom trees on both the sides. And the smooth breeze that was blowing made the petals fall down from the trees.

"It's so pretty!..." she said.

She was busy admiring the cherry blossom when I thought to take a picture of her too. And with just one click, I got the best shot of her.

When I looked back at her, she made me lose my breath. She also made me think that how could someone be this pretty. I kept admiring her as if I don't get enough of her, although I'm with her most of the time.

"It reminds me of the days when dad used to bring me here," she said, bringing me back to my senses. "I'd whine to him for walking this path."

I could notice the little tint of sadness in her eyes which she tried to masquerade with her smile.

I grabbed her hand, making her look at me. "I'll bring you here whenever you want."

"I'd love that."

Then we walked side by side. I wished the time could stop so that I can capture this very moment in my mind as much as I want.

"Khumawo Hongjoong-ah." I looked at her. "For bringing me here. It really healed me."

I rubbed the back of my neck, blushing hard. "I didn't do much though."

She stopped in front of me. "Do you have a place you want to go?"

"Umm..." After thinking for a while, I looked back at her. "There is one place I want to go." I leaned towards her ear and whispered it.

"...Okay! I'll take you there next time."

"I'll be looking forward to it."

"Sure, you should...I want to make a wish too."

"What is it?"

She stared at me for a while. "No matter what happens, don't ever say goodbye...That's my wish."

"I'd have done it even if you didn't say. Okay, I promise."

"Good boy." She patted my head which took me by surprised as I'm the one who does it.

My heart felt like it would explode anytime when she giggled on getting the reaction she expected.

This girl is driving me crazy...

"Let's go take some selcas there." She then dragged me towards the place without letting me say anything.

***

It was already night when we were riding the bus to home.

"Wanna hear some music?" I asked the person sitting next to me, offering her an airpod.

"Sure." Jisoo readily took it and plugged it into her left ear.

I too plugged the other one into my right ear and pressed the play button. "How's this? I made this melody a few days ago."

She didn't reply anything so I looked at her just to find out that she already drifted off to sleep.

She must be tired...

Her head was about to hit the frame of the bus, but I prevented it and made her head rest on my shoulder. She shifted a little in her seat, trying to get a comfortable position.

I tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear and admired her face for a while. I'd be lying if I say she didn't look cute while sleeping.

"She sleeps like a baby...How cute." I slightly smiled and looked back to the front.

Am I finally getting the happiness I've always desired for?...

To be continued...