Chapter 51 : Innocent

Somin's POV

There are some times when I hate myself the most and this was one of them. This time, too, I couldn't move the way I wanted to.

"Mianhae...For stealing your laptop and formatting it." I hung my head low as I apologized to Dayeon.

Even if I could move the way I wanted to, I didn't have any other option. I have nothing to prove my innocence.

My rest of the group and PD-nim along with some orher staff members were also present in that room.

"I'm really sorry. It won't happen again."

"Since Somin apologized for her mistake, let's forget about it," Harin unnie, our leader, said.

"Unnie, I'm not done with her yet," Dayeon said. She looked back at me and folded her arms. "Kneel down in front of me and then apologize."

"What?" I said in disbelief.

"Kim Dayeon! Isn't that too much?" Jihyun said. "In front of all the people here..."

"Yeah, Somin unnie already apologized for it," Sookyung said. "Please forgive her and end it here."

"You two want to kneel down instead of her?" Dayeon said. Sookyung and Jihyun couldn't say anything after that and looked away. "Hurry and kneel down in front of me. People like you deserve this."

Do I really deserve to be treated like this?...

Clenching my fist, I tried to hold back my tears and was about to kneel down when someone stopped me.

"Wait!"

***

Jisoo's POV

"Director-nim, please give me another chance," I said, bowing a little. "I'll try my best to not disappoint you again."

"I already gave you a chance," he said. "I can't waste anymore time on you... You're fired!"

I quickly kneeled down in front of him. "Please don't do this! I promise I'll do my best! This job is my everything. Please don't fire me."

Sobbing, I continuously pleaded him to take back his words. But nothing seemed to work out.

"Just leave before I call the security."

"Director-nim!...Director-nim, please!"

I tried to stop him, but he just walked away. I looked down and broke into tears again.

I barely got a chance to fulfill my dream and I just messed it up. Will I ever be able to fulfill it?...

I didn't want anyone to see me in that condition. So I just walked on the streets while looking down, letting my hair cover my face.

"What do I do now?..." I mumbled to myself.

I made my hand to my neck to hold the necklace that Hongjoong gave me. But soon I realized that my neck was empty.

"My necklace..." I quickly searched in my bag and even on the ground. "Where did I lose it?"

I ran my finger through my hair in frustration when I couldn't find it anymore.

I huffed, crouching down. "Why am I so unlucky today?..." I covered my face, letting the tears flow down. "Seriously!"

"...Jisoo?" I lifted my head up to see an unexpected person looking at me with concern.

***

Somin's POV

"Hurry and kneel down in front of me," Dayeon said. "People like you deserve this."

Clenching my fist, I tried to hold back my tears and was about to kneel down when someone stopped me.

"Wait!" I turned back to the voice and saw a familiar face barging into the room.

"Woohyun-ah..." I said, looking at him in surprise.

"Somin is innocent!" He came and stood beside me.

"Who are you to butt in other people's matter?" Dayeon said. "Just stay out of it."

"I can't let someone innocent get blamed for the thing they didn't do."

"She's really the one who stole my laptop. Should I show you the CCTV footage?"

"Did it really happen the way it looks like?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

Woohyun just gave me an assuring nod before looking back at Dayeon. "...Kim Hyunsoo, please come in."

Then the said person came in. I quickly recognized her as she's a trainee under our agency. She slowly came and stood in front of us. I also noticed Dayeon being a little uncomfortable on the arrival of the guest.

"Hyunsoo, please tell us what Dayeon told you to do that day," Woohyun said.

"Yah, Jeong Woohyun! What are you trying to–"

"Kim Dayeon-ssi! I'd be grateful if you kept your voice low. This is our workplace, not your penthouse."

He turned back to face Hyunsoo. "No need to be afraid of anyone. Tell us what you were made to do that day."

"That day..." she began.

To be continued...