Chapter 11 : Immortal

Jisoo's POV

"You aren't good at cooking though," I said, pushing the trolley.

Hongjoong dragged me to the super market saying he'll cook for me as I always eat delivery food which is bad for health.

"I am good at cooking," he said. "And there are a lot of cooking videos on internet to take help from."

"Suit yourself."

"I'll go and bring some other ingredients." I nodded and he walked away.

I pushed the trolley further, scanning the racks. Then my gaze landed on my favourite brand of ramyeon. I picked up a couple of them and put them in the trolley.

I was about to walk further when I sensed someone's presence behind me. So I turned back to see who that creepy person was.

"Ah, you scared me!" I flinched a little on seeing the familiar pink haired guy.

"You get scared so easily," Seonghwa said, laughing a bit.

"Anyone would get sacred if you just creepily stand behind them." I sighed.

"How can someone get scared by this handsome face?" He put one of his arm around my shoulders. "People only fall for it, don't you agree?" He concluded it with a wink.

I kept staring at him for a while and he too didn't break the eye contact. When I came back to my senses, I shoved his hand away before standing at a safe distance from him.

"Don't do this to other girls or they'll get the wrong idea." I pushed the trolley forward, walking away from him.

He ran and catched me up. "But you didn't."

I stopped and picked up a big packet of potato chips. "Because it's me." I put the packet in the trolley. "By the way, what are you doing here?"

"Ah, I'm going to cook something delicious for Yeonjoo today."

"Did you guys fight again?"

He dramatically gasped. "How did you know?"

"I know you two very well. You always cook for her when she gets upset."

"As expected from Han Jisoo! You're our best friend." I laughed a little and scanned the racks as we kept walking. "But why are you here?"

"Because of Hong– I mean, I wanted to cook something for myself."

"But you can't cook."

"What do you mean I can't cook? I can!... For example ramyeon."

"Everyone can cook that, pabo-ya." He flicked my forehead.

"Ah, that hurts!...Just go!" I pushed him forward. "Make something really delicious for Yeonjoo."

"Araseo. I'll get going then." He waved at me before walking away.

"...Yah, Park Seonghwa!" He paused in his steps and turned back to face me. "About Yeonjoo...Treat her well. I can't see her get upset because of you. Got it?"

"Uh, I got it!"

I sighed heavily when he finally left. "He must keep his word or else he'll really die by my hands." I punched the air in front of me.

"Who are you going to kill?"

I turned to the voice and saw Hongjoong standing behind me with some packets of ingredients in his hands.

"Ah, nevermind. Are you done?"

He nodded. "Hm."

"Then let's head back home quickly. I'm very hungry." I pouted, putting a hand over my stomach.

He chuckled. "Okay, let's pay for this first." I nodded.

***

Hongjoong's POV

"Are you sure you can cook?" Jisoo asked.

"I already studied the recipe. I'll try to do my best," I said, making her chuckle.

"Araseo, I'll look forward to it."

We were back at home. I told her it's okay for me to do all the work alone, but she insisted to help me.

"I won't add vegetables since you don't like them," she said.

I nodded and went back to slice the meat into thin pieces. I was still busy with them when I accidentally cut my index finger.

"Ah!" Blood quickly started to flow out from the small cut.

"Hongjoong-ah, are you okay?" Jisoo quickly took my hand and inspected it. "The cut is deep. I'll go get the first aid kit."

"No, it's okay. It's just–"

A gasp escaped my mouth as I couldn't believe what happened next. The wound that I had got completely healed.

"H-How did it...?" I looked at Jisoo who had the same expression as mine.

"I don't know either...Could it be because you're immortal in this world?"

"Immortal?"

"Yeah, I've seen that in dramas. When they're in another world, they automatically get healed if they get hurt. Could it really be that?"

I looked down at my finger that had a cut a few moments ago. But now it's seems like the cut never happened.

"Maybe you're right..."

"That's good then. You won't get hurt here."

But it still kept bothering me. And so many questions started flooding in my mind.

Does it mean I'm not a human here? Then what am I?...

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
Stream and vote for Eternal Sunshine guys...

Author's Note :Stream and vote for Eternal Sunshine guys