Chapter 46 : Voice

Hongjoong's POV

I was near the convenience store near my agency when I ran into the person I didn't want to.

"Kim Hongjoong," Somin said. "Let's have a talk."

"Let's talk about it later," I said.

"Are you mad because I asked my CEO to hire you?"

"Good that you already know it. I have an appointment, so I need to go."

I was about to walk away, but she grabbed my wrist to stop me. "I did that for your sake!"

I sighed before looking back at her. "I don't want people to think of me as a gold-digger...I just want to make an image of mine with my own skills, without any connections."

"Until when are you going to stay in that shitty company?"

"Don't ever say that about my workplace again!" I glared at her.

"Hongjoong, what's wrong with you?... Aren't you being too sensitive?"

Just then I heard a familiar voice. "I made it!"

"That voice..." I quickly turned back and saw the person I expected it to be. "Han Jisoo." I ran to her.

***

Jisoo's POV

For a moment, I thought Hongjoong's memories were back when I heard him say my name. I stared at him with the little hope of it to come true as he came and stood in front of me.

"We met again," he said with small smile on his face.

"You just called me by my name...How did you know it?"

"You only said it, when we met yesterday."

"Ah..." I looked down, a little disappointed.

"But what are you doing here?" I looked up at him. "By any chance, did you come to meet me?"

I couldn't help, but chuckle when he raised his eyebrows while smirking. "Well, you're not wrong though. I came to thank you for helping me yesterday. I would've been roaming in the streets if you hadn't let me stay in your studio."

"I didn't do much though." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"It was more than enough for me. Actually...I wanted to pay you back for the help."

"It's okay. You don't have to do it."

"I'm not okay with it. Let me do it, please."

After thinking for a while, he finally agreed. "Okay, you can just buy me a meal."

"Ah, that..." I rubbed the back of my neck, smiling awkwardly. "I don't have money with myself now."

The currency which is used in my world won't work inside Aurora.

"But I'll do everything you tell me to do...Even if it's cleaning you house. I'm ready to do it all." I nodded.

He just chuckled. "Okay, I'll think about it. By the way...Have you eaten yet?"

***

"This way," Hongjoong said, guiding me towards a table.

I was a little surprised when he asked me to have a meal with him. I followed him to a table where a very handsome guy was already seated.

Isn't he...?

"Hyung, you're here?" The guy waved his hand while smiling when he saw us coming.

"Uh." Hongjoong sat opposite to him. "Take a seat." He gestured me to sit next to him. And so I did.

For a few moments, I couldn't help but stare at the guy. I've only seen his sketches in the book, but it's the first time I'm seeing him like this.

"By the way, hyung..." the guy said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Who is she?" I was caught off guard when both of their gazes suddenly landed on me.

"Ah...she's a friend," Hongjoong answered.

The guy gave me a smile. "Hello, I'm Jeong Yunho. Nice to meet you." He extended his hand for me to shake.

I shook hands with him. "You're more handsome in real life."

"Yes?"

Did I say it out loud?

"Ah...I mean I've only seen your pictures in the magazines. This is my first time to meet you in person." I awkwardly smiled.

"Ah, thank you."

I sighed internally as the excuse was acceptable. Yunho works as a model and actor under KQ Entertainment, the same agency where Hongjoong works as a producer.

"I'm Han Jisoo. Nice to meet you too."

Tall and handsome with a good personality; he's got everything that women want...How can someone be this perfect?...

"Haven't we met before?" Yunho said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I think I've seen you before."

"Yesterday, in front of the agency..." Hongjoong said.

"Ah, right! The barefoot girl, right hyung?"

"Yah!..." Hongjoong mouthed something to him which I couldn't understand.

"Well...You're not wrong though," I said.

"What would you like to have? Hongjoong asked after clearing his throat.

"Anything is okay for me."

"...Excuse me, we're ready to order."

To be continued...