XVIII

Hello!!!
Hope you all are well!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Taehyung walked towards the door with slumped shoulders. After the news that the blackmailer was not traced he felt defeated.

He was hoping to find him. Put him in jail and sneer at him, taunting him about him loosing.

He underestimated that man.

He punched in the numbers to the lock and opened it. He got inside and removed his shoes.

He was used to coming back to the empty house, Jin would already sleeping by the time he came back.

So imagine his fright when he saw Jin sitting on the dining table, his arms crossed as he glared at Taehyung entering.

"You scared me! Aren't you asleep yet?" Taehyung asked willing himself to calm down.

Jin sat in his place "Well, one simply cannot sleep when they have worries can they?"

Taehyung frowned "Worries? What worries?"

"Taehyung are you hiding something?" Jin asked calmly.

"I- No. What's with the question suddenly?"

Jin rolled his eyes. He got up and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. He pushed it into Taehyung's face.

"Jeez" Taehyung said "Calm down"

He took the paper and read it. Slowly the colour drained from his face.

"Hello Taehyung! Looks like you tried tracing my number huh? Did not expect that from you, but Thankfully I was ready. Don't ever think I am going easy on you you little shit. Just because you did not give up the company, dosent mean I won't be able to acquire it.
It will be so much more easier with you dead. You won't be receiving phone calls but don't forget to count your days!"

Taehyung gulped. The letter sounded so cheerful that it was just gross.

"So you are not hiding anything?" Jin said.

"Where did you get this?" Taehyung asked

"Someone left it with the watchman. And no he doesn't remember the face. The man was wearing a mask. No use of the security camera there too"

"Look, I am sorry. I thought it was just someone playing a prank...... And I did try to trace their number. That is the reason I did not tell the police."

"So you found him?"

"No. No I did not"

Jin sighed "Well, call the police"

"What!?" Taehyung asked surprised at the suden request.

"Call the police Taehyung. I know you did not tell it before, but better late than never"

"Yeah no. I will try one more....." Taehyung got cut as Seokjin spoke again

"You are calling the police now. Right now"

"It's late! I might disturb......"

"The police. Now" Jin repeated.

"But... Fine! Fine! I'll call them. Ugh" Taehyung said and pulled out his phone.

He typed in something and held it to his ear. He looked at Jin "They are not picking up"

Jin frowned "Try ag......."