XXIII

Hello!!!
Hope you all are well!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was Saturday, and Jin had spent more time in his office and even visited his hotels.

It was already night, when he parked his car in the parking lot of their apartment. He took his phone and wallet and stepped out.

He knew Taehyung would already be home, so he expectantly opened the front door and removed his shoes. He could hear some sounds from the kitchen and he guessed Taehyung must be cooking.

He smiled and went to the kitchen. As he expected Taehyung was washing some vegetables and setting up the kitchen.

"Hey" Jin said announcing his arrival.

Taehyung turned and saw him once and turned towards the Vegetables again "You are back. Why late?"

Jin discarded his coat and went to the kitchen, eyeing the ingredients Taehyung had kept out "I was not in the hotel for three days, so I spent more time there."

"Oh. That's nice"

"Are you making Tteokbokki?" Jin asked curiously.

Taehyung nodded keeping the vegetables aside "and Japchae"

"Ooh" Jin said getting excited. Food was something he always liked. Taehyung looked at him weirdly. Jin stopped smiling "Shall I help?"

"Yea sure"

Jin grinned "Wait. Let me change and came back." Jin hurriedly exited the kitchen.

Taehyung smiled and shook his head. He grabbed an onion and started slicing them.

Jin came back almost immediately, already changed into something more comfortable.

"What shall I do?" Jin asked excitedly.

"You are the chef, you should tell" Taehyung said, blinking his eyes rapidly willing the tears to go away.

"Are you crying?"

Taehyung looked up at Jin "I am cutting an onion, what do you expect?"

Jin chuckled and pulled on an apron "Give it to me. You see these roots here? When cutting onions, don't remove the roots first. If you do, the onion starts bleeding and it results in you crying. Just cut around it and remove it off later"

Taehyung took a new onion and tried out what Jin did, and like he said he did not get tears.

"Wow ok. That's a good think to know. Now I know how professional chefs are different" Taehyung said, putting all the sliced onions into a bowl.

Jin hummed "I did not go to culinary school or anything, but I always visited this hotel near my home. The chef there taught me all the stuff I know."